Is there a list of all mythology/plot relevant episodes?

Rate this topic

Guest Megdilaon

Guest Megdilaon

I recently started watching Millennium for the main plot, but after watching half of season 1 I noticed that most episodes have no relevance to the main plot.

They're still good, but I want to watch the main plot first before maybe getting into the episodic stuff.

I searched a lot, but couldn't find anything resembling what I want.

Guest Coughcool

I recently started watching Millennium for the main plot, but after watching half of season 1 I noticed that most episodes have no relevance to the main plot.

They're still good, but I want to watch the main plot first before maybe getting into the episodic stuff.

I searched a lot, but couldn't find anything resembling what I want.

Yes they statde to tinker with Millennium half way through the first season as you noticed. If only they had shown more patience.

Hi there Megdilaon,

As this is your first post allow me to welcome you to TIWWA and I hope you enjoy your stay here and make many new friends in the process.

Millennium isn't the X-Files or Lost in the sense that it has one overriding narrative. Each of it's three seasons focusses on a different thematic and none of them pay much attention to what was being established before so it depends what you are looking for I guess. I would advise you watch the whole thing because that's how it was intended to be viewed, that's how the writers chose to reveal the mysteries but there are a few that could be considered mythology episodes I guess.

Gehenna, The Judge, Lamentation, PPTD and Sacrament could be considered the big guns in the Legion arc but then the entire season is really necessary to enjoy the thing properly and some would even argue for some season two episodes (Monster, Goodbye Charlie etc.) to be included in the list. Legion really is something different to all people.

The Hand of Saint Sebastian, Owls, Roosters and Matryoshka are big on Millennium Group Mythology but then a vast chunk of Season Two is the same.

There are (IMHO) arcs that deal with Lara's story, Emma's story, The Marburg Epidemic and so and there are some stories that could be considered major episodes in each of those arcs but I'm still of the opinion that it's better just to take it as it comes and watch it all.

Millennium doesn't have a single mythology that runs through the course of the three seasons, it has lots of layers, arcs and mini-mythologies and trying to construct a list that hits all the right spots for all the pertinent points would be difficult.

Watch it all that's my advice. I hope that helps in some way.

Eth

Hi there,

To be fair we did try. As I tried to explain, it is my opinion that there isn't a neat list of mythology episodes because Millennium is not a single-mythology-driven show. It has a different emphasis, a different mythology and differing self-contained arcs in each of it's three seasons. Millennium is 67 episodes of television that combine to form a narrative and as such really need to be seen as 67 episodes in order. I can't think of any episode that is more important than any other as they all have their job to do.

It may not be neat and tidy as far as answers go but that doesn't mean that individuals aren't trying to help you or that those welcoming you are ignoring your original question. :oneeyedwinK

Eth

Guest RodimusBen

I actually put together a list of "Essential Millennium" a while back, for no other reason than I was curious to see the ratio of episodes that dealt with different elements of the mythology. Having said that, I do wholeheartedly agree with Mark that Millennium should be watched in order, in its entirety. Unlike, say, LOST, I don't see each episode as a means to an end (that being, the resolution of a mythology). Instead, each episode is its own entity with a myriad of elements to explore and pontificate.

But if one insists on watching only the "important" episodes of Millennium, here's the list I'd tackle:

Season 1

Pilot

Gehenna

The Judge

Force Majeure

Sacrament

Walkabout

Lamentation

Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions

Maranatha

Paper Dove

Season 2

The Beginning of the End

Beware of the Dog

Monster

The Curse of Frank Black

The Hand of Saint Sebastian

Midnight of the Century

Luminary

Owls

Roosters

A Room With No View

The Fourth Horseman

The Time Is Now

Season 3

The Innocents

Exegesis

Skull and Bones

Borrowed Time

The Sound of Snow

Antipas

Matryoshka

Saturn Dreaming of Mercury

Seven and One

Via Dolorosa

Goodbye To All That

Certainly it's not a definitive list, just an opinion. And again, if you choose only to watch those episodes, you'll be missing out on some incredible stuff!

Hi folks,

I would add "Collateral Damage" to the above as I always consider it part of my imagined Marburg Arc with "The Fourth Horseman", "The Time Is Now", "The Innocents", "Exegesis", "Collateral Damage" and "The Sound Of Snow" (not so sure on the latter but it does finish off the Catherine/Marburg Arc if that makes sense).

You did a grand job there Ben every time I tried I could think of additional episodes that began or informed or concluded various arcs that I gave up in the end.

I hope the OP finds it usefu.

Eth