I met Lance this weekend

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Guest lilblackgirl

I went to the Texas Frightmare Festival this last Saturday here in Dallas. My family and I were camping in Sulphur Springs at a state park, so i drove out early Saturday morning to the festival. I arrived around 10:30 and gen admission tickets, but somehow got in early and as i walked in the door, Lance was announced over the loudspeaker and i headed over to the line forming at his table. He was cutting up and laughing and having a good time with everyone. I honestly have to say that i was star struck and had butterflies in my stomach as i was stepping up to meet him. I had a DVD cover of Jennifer 8 that i had him sign. He told me that he really enjoyed making that film and that Uma Thurman was the most beautiful on that film that she'd ever been. He laughed at my t-shirt and said "That's me!". I sat to get a picture with him and told him that we all really missed Frank Black. He looked at me and said "They're making a movie! It's in the works right now." He indicated that he really missed the role as well.

Now, i'll take his comment with a grain of salt, but just to know that he misses playing Frank and would love to do it again gives me a little bit of hope.

It was a wonderful experience and I'm really, really glad i was able to meet him.

4572219860_c59eaa45bc.jpg

That's fantastic. I really couldn't be happier for you. I met him at Collectormania some years ago and I had the same butterflies you describe - not every day you meet a legend is it? Thank you so much for taking the time to visit us here and share your picture. We are always truly grateful to all the fans of Lance and Millennium who share their thoughts and stories with us.

And whilst I'm here you might like to check us out on Wednesday, we are having something of a Lance Henriksen focussed day and I am sure there will be something for all the fans of his work to enjoy.

Wonderful stuff lilblackgirl, accept a rep point from me. :thumbsup:

Eth

• Like 1

Guest WaveCrest

Lance always has time for his fans, which is why he stands out from the crowd. I met him at Memorabilia a few years ago, at the time Aliens vs Predator, and found him to be a person who listened to what you said and was very talkative.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just had an email and someone pointed out some more pictures of the great man from the Frightmare weekend. There's a great anecdote bellow the image which, again, shows what a wonderful man he is and how much time he will give to anyone who supports him and supports his work.

Celebrities: this is how you treat your fans!

Eth

• Like 1