I met Lance this weekend

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Guest lilblackgirl

Great pics there on the Flickr site.

That appears to be the overall belief about the man. That he is genuine, caring and a decent person. It can't be difficult to interact with fans constantly and still keep your cool.

Hey Eth, what's a Blackcoat?

Hi there lilblackgirl,

Blackcoats are TIWWA volunteers who put together some of the events the forum does in exchange for additional privileges. You can read more about them here. The Blackcoats are some of the nicest, most talented folk you could ever wish to meet and we are always on the look out for interested people to join our ranks. There's lots to do and get involved in including a number of exciting projects for the future that you can be part of.

If you're interested give me a shout and I will add you to the ranks. It will enable you to see a hidden forum where the good folk come together to plan things and talk about the projects they are working on.

Thanks for your interest by the way!

Eth

• Like 1

WOW!!!!! I feel that, when someone here meets Lance, we all get to, in a way. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! And, though I'd started to loose hope about a movie, this quote from him is quite encouraging. If anyone will be honest and upfront about what's going on with MillenniuM, it's Lance. :thanx:

• Like 1

Guest teedub

Just had an email and someone pointed out some more pictures of the great man from the Frightmare weekend. There's a great anecdote bellow the image which, again, shows what a wonderful man he is and how much time he will give to anyone who supports him and supports his work.

Celebrities: this is how you treat your fans!

Eth

He was also hysterically funny in that hour-long session. I believe everyone in that room would have sat there all night if he had kept going. thumbsup.gif

• Elders (Admins)

Somehow, Satan got behind me and I missed this thread!

Thanks for sharing the photo and telling us about your experience! Awesome stuff, I'm so glad you got to meet the man himself! :thumbsup:

Guest teedub

Really? That's fantastic. You don't recall any of what he said do you? Did the subject turn to Millennium at all?

Eth

I remember a lot of what he said, but not all. He was going a mile a minute. Direct quote from him: "Man, I sound like I'm on crack." biggrin.gif

Almost everything he talked about was from different movies that people asked about. For the most part, a fan would ask about a movie, then he'd tell an anecdote or two about it. One guy did bring up "Millennium." I can't remember what his question was. Lance mentioned that the fans had done their part to push for a "Millennium" movie, and now it was time that he started doing *his* part. Or did I hear him say that when I was standing in line? The whole weekend was pretty much a blur. tongue.gif

Edited by teedub

I was there as well, and I regret not recording at least an audio file of the Q&A, but I opted not to, I thought it would hit the net anyway with so many people recording or taking pictures. I was wrong :(

Because it was a great Q&A, something that should be shared, he was so fun and lively. And yes, he said that "crack" line, I remember that.

If the people at the convention just had a DVD of the Q&A Lance Henriksen session, I'd buy it, it's that good.

I decided to skip the Christine Q&A session, because of the dreadful auction which was next door and hard to hear the Q&A in the back of the room, and I think if my memory serves me, the DVD does a good job of filling you in on Christine.

• Like 1

The X-Files fans are really canny about recording all the conventions they attend and the Q&A's and so on. I know some have actually been released on DVD as charity fund-raisers. I've been surprised how few of Lance's convention Q&A's actually make it to Youtube. I probably wouldn't record anything of merit because I am a bit of a technophobe but there must be some folks at these conventions with a camera. Maybe any footage they record as a personal memento of the day.

Eth

PS Josef didn't you say you were thinking of sharing your convention pics in your Blog my friend? I'd love to see them if you have the time and the inclination.

Guest teedub

If the people at the convention just had a DVD of the Q&A Lance Henriksen session, I'd buy it, it's that good.

I keep thinking that this will happen because of the camera that was in the middle of the room. I keep checking back on the TX Frightmare website in the hopes that a DVD will appear. Someone on their forums asked about a convention DVD. No official answer yet, though.

I wish I had joined the TIWWA forum before I went to Frightmare. It would have been cool to meet some people. I was very much a lone fish out of water, as horror is not a genre I watch.