White Collar

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

I watched yesterday evening the slightly longer pilot episode of a new thriller drama series called White Collar. The first season has already aired in the US on the USA Network (between October 2009 and March 2010 (source: EpGuides.com), but has only just premiered in the UK (on Bravo Tuesday nights. The pilot premiered last Tuesday, 27th April). It stars Matt Bomer and Tim DeKay as a con artist and FBI agent respectively, along with Tiffani Thiessen and Willie Garson. The pilot was very entertaining, only becoming slightly cliched in the scene where the villain was caught. The scenes between the two leads were some of the highlights of the episode. Good as well that they were shooting on location in New York (the show is set in New York) and not in Los Angeles.

Diahann Carroll and Mark Sheppard guest starred.

This show is one to watch. :thumbsup:

I read something very intriguing on Digital Spy earlier tonight, and it was something which crossed my mind as I'm a fan of crossovers:

Crossover between White Collar and Burn Notice? - Digital Spy news article

The first season of White Collar is being released on Region 1 on Tuesday 13th July. Below is the URL link to a TVShowsOnDVD news article about the DVD and Blu-ray Region 1 releases of the first season:

White Collar: The Complete First Season (Region 1 DVD and Blu-ray) (3 Discs) - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I have not seen this show Richard, but it looks good to me. thumbsup.gif now one show i haven't seen but would like to after seeing previews of it is Justified! :) Have you seen it?

Laura :)

Guest WaveCrest

I haven't yet Laura, but plan to watch it sometime in the next week. I haven't taped the pilot episode of Justified tonight, so I hope Five USA repeat it in the next week.

There's a thread for Justified in TeeVee Discussion if you wanted to post about the episodes shown in the US so far. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest WaveCrest

Graham, the first season of White Collar is being released on Region 1 on Tuesday 13th July and on Region 2 on Monday 26th July. The BBFC have added a few new listings to their website today for White Collar's first season on Region 2.

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks Wave, I have it set to record in my Sky Planner as I type! Pity its on Bravo though, no HD option. Grrr.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest WaveCrest

I was thinking Bravo also broadcast in HD. I don't know about a Blu-ray Region 2 release, but the first season of White Collar is also being released on Blu-ray on Region 1.

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

Not yet invested in a Blu Ray player. I think they'll start to come down in price soon though.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.