LH70 - 70 Reasons Why We Love Lance Henriksen

Rate this topic

Agree with the above! Considering that, by that point, Lance had begun to firmly identify with Frank to such a point that the lines between the character and himself were becoming a little blurred and as he considered Britanny like a daughter to him those scenes must have taken him to such a dark place and he was absolutely magnificent in them. Some of the best acting of his career.

#23 Whilst he didn't write the line he certainly said it and any tribute to Lance from me had to have the following in it. It is probable the single line of dialogue from a TV show or a film that I quote most of all and it is "I'm not depressed. Just quiet". Very possibly my favourite scene from the whole of Millennium. It never fails to make me smile.

Eth

Agree with the above! Considering that, by that point, Lance had begun to firmly identify with Frank to such a point that the lines between the character and himself were becoming a little blurred and as he considered Britanny like a daughter to him those scenes must have taken him to such a dark place and he was absolutely magnificent in them. Some of the best acting of his career.

#23 Whilst he didn't write the line he certainly said it and any tribute to Lance from me had to have the following in it. It is probable the single line of dialogue from a TV show or a film that I quote most of all and it is "I'm not depressed. Just quiet". Very possibly my favourite scene from the whole of Millennium. It never fails to make me smile.

Eth

Mark, I couldn't agree with you more about the quote "I'm not depressed. Just quiet." It perfectly describes how so many of us actually are in our own personal lives. I am very social person, but most of the time I am very quiet and often it is mistaken for being depressed. Is this quote from Borrowed Time, or another episode? I'm not remembering off hand.

For being such a wonderful person, and who has enriched my personal life.

Hi Darlene. It's in response to Lara Means' glib comment in Goodbye Charlie. If you recall, they are posing as vulnerable people in order to sniff out whoever is assisting the suicides. Lara chides Frank by saying "you shouldn't have any trouble acting depressed" and that's his response. A simply wonderful little scene and it's another example of the writers addressing the critics of the show in the narrative. One Fox's chief concerns with season one was how depressing the felt the show, and the lead, was (clearly they didn't get it) and with one line that was addressed and put right. Love it.

This is Eth, veering wildly off topic again, over and out folks.

Eth

Guest Ebdim9th

#21 For so ably demonstrating to us how its actually possible to kill somebody with a rolled-up newspaper. (Bishop against Ripley in Alien)

#19 For the passion you bring you bring to everything you do be that acting, potter, charity work and so on. Nothing gets anything less that 100% 'Lance Henriksen' from 'Lance Henriksen' and that shows through so clearly.

Eth

#17 For attending the Collectormania Convention in Manchester, England and giving yours truly an opportunity to meet a legend. A great, great day. Come back to England soon, we have the kettle on for you.

Eth

Thank you Mark for reminding me of that scene. I just couldn't remember where he said that. You veer off topic any time you want to, because it's always a wonderful read.

For caring for your fans to take the time to make a "Thank You" video for your 70th birthday celebration.