LH70 - The Life And Birth Of Lance Henriksen

Rate this topic

Dear friends,

When I was scouting around to see what we could put together to mark the occasion, Darlene kindly offered to put pen to paper and I knew we were in for something of a treat. Darlene has an astonishing ability to see hope, spirit and faith in everything she does and she imbues every action with such a sense of joy and celebration than who better to celebrate the big day with. This is Darlene's contribution to the day, her way of saying happy birthday to Lance Henriksen and I know you good folk will enjoy reading the results.

Eth

lh70.jpg

The Life And Birth Of Lance Henriksen

In pondering where to being an article on Lance Henriksen for his 70th birthday celebration, I was drawn to Lance Henriksen Magic, “The Tao of Lance” page, at www.LanceHenriksen.info. The first line written about him on this page states that the author feels Lance is “a particularly decent human being.” With all my heart, I sincerely thank the author for this page, and with all due respect, I believe Lance goes beyond decent. Lance Henriksen’s attitude and beliefs, to me, express how we all should, not just look at life, but how we should walk in it. His individual spirit is an example of the fruits of the Holy Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23 (KJV).

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, against such there is no law.”

Lance Henriksen quotes:

loveaz.jpg

I have a great wife and daughter and dogs and a life - and I make pottery. I have things outside of [my work] that keep my feet on the ground. I'll never buy into [fame]." E@H

joyv.jpg

"I will not sit back and wait for somebody else's call to live. That's a big mistake. If I've got a movie to do and I've got a month to get ready for it, I do it organically. So it's very important for me to have a good sense of time, time being used well and time just lived. I'm not waiting to live any more of my life." Cult Times

peacer.jpg

“Everybody needs labour. There's rest in labour, there's pride in labour. You've gotta be able to do something even if its just digging a garden, but you gotta do it everyday when you're not doing the thing that makes you a living. Now acting is certainly an art form, but pottery for me is spiritual." Cult Times

longj.jpg

"That's what I see [Frank Black] as, this incredible ability to stay with it, to not give up, to not judge. If you judge, you run out of energy. It's like a boxer holding his breath when he's throwing a punch, that's what judging is like. He runs out of energy because he's holding his breath. And you get a guy like Frank Black, who doesn't judge so he has that energy to stay in the fray. And that's what I loved about him. I lived that role." Videoscope Winter 2002

gentleness.jpg

I've never tried to have a career where I've calculated [everything]. It's been more like a farm where you get up in the morning and you step out and you smell the air and you get out there and you try to grow something." Cult Times

goodnessn.jpg

"There's no money to be made in helping a young director out of the gate. But in honesty that's never been an issue with me." Shivers

faithev.jpg

"Every movie I make changes me, makes me a different person, forces me to grow and think." Shivers

meekness.jpg

"I appreciate the idea that anybody would think of me as a star. But I'm really not career oriented in the sense that I want to be a star. It's not in me. It's not what I do. In fact, I'm amazed that I've even gotten this far." fango 129

temperance.jpg

"After a while people have to take responsibility for their own actions for what they do in this world. I'll take responsibility for what I do. But political correctness and V chips and telling me to wear a styrofoam helmet in the bath tub 'cos I might slip and fall doesn't do it for me. I love the feeling that I am making my own choices and living by them. Leave some room for the human condition. We're not perfect and never will be." E@H

~ ~ ~

From humble beginnings, with your father a poor Norwegian merchant sailor, and with your talented, hardworking mother, to becoming a highly esteemed actor, Lance Henriksen, it is an honor and a joy to give this article to you for your 70th birthday. It is given with all of my respect to you personally, and gratitude for being a small portion of your life, one of many members of the online Millennium Group, and involved in the campaign to “Bring Back Frank Black.”

I know in my heart that I can speak for all of us when I say that you will always be in our hearts and prayers, and that you are blessed today on your birthday, and always, in the joy of life.

~ This Is Who We Are ~

Darlene Luke (Earthnut)

May 5, 2010

• Like 2

• Elders (Admins)

What a lovely and emotional sentiment Darlene!

Thanks for taking the time to compose this and share it on Lance's Birthday and for all your wonderful posts at This is who we are!

Graham

x

Darlene always does everything with such a warm heart and joyous spirit that the end results are always a blessing to read.

Accept my sincere gratitude for what is a superb read Darlene with such wonderful sentiments.

Eth :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Thank you, Darlene. You really have captured the Zen of Lance. In particular I love this: " Leave some room for the human condition."

• Like 1

Libby I couldn't agree with you more. I absolutely adore that quote and just because I adore it so much I am quoting it again. There's such a truth in this folks.

"After a while people have to take responsibility for their own actions for what they do in this world. I'll take responsibility for what I do. But political correctness and V chips and telling me to wear a styrofoam helmet in the bath tub 'cos I might slip and fall doesn't do it for me. I love the feeling that I am making my own choices and living by them. Leave some room for the human condition. We're not perfect and never will be."

Eth

• Like 1

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I love you Darlene, you makie everything seem so effortless and you put so much of your heart into what you write, you just feel the love and spirituality in everything you do. bigsmile.gif You are a wonderful example for every woman. :) Such a fascinating article. :) thank you. :)

Laura :)

Of course you may Joe, what's mine is yours. Honestly, anyone can take anything I make or do and use it as they wish as long as they ask nicely. Which you did. We are a community of friends after all.

Eth

• Like 1