LH70 - Celebrate 70 Years of Lance Henriksen in Video

Rate this topic

lh70.jpg

Celebrate 70 Years of Lance Henriksen in Video

Ladies and gentlemen, as part of our continuing celebrations to mark the milestone 70th birthday of Lance Henriksen. Josef has taken a look back over his illustrious career and created a memorable tribute video to Lance's ongoing contribution to the art of acting.

lancequoteone.png

Whilst we may remember his work as Frank Black the most fondly he has a resume that any actor would be proud to call their own. Early in his career he landed parts in 3 films shot by Sidney Lumet, a first rate director, with Dog Day Afternoon, Network and Prince of the City and this was merely the beginning.

Lance has gained a reputation, beyond all others, with fans of horror and sci-fi. In fact, he says it was the original version of The Thing that sparked his interest in the genre. With memorable roles in films such as Near Dark and hammeresque b-movie, The Pit and the Pendulum he has continued to thrill audiences with his masterful performances that always take any film and elevate into something of quality. When it comes to science-fiction he is, however, probably best known for his role as the android, Bishop, in Aliens and has become a name as identifiable with that franchise as Sigourney Weaver herself.

Take a look at this video and relive a few of the roles that have catapulted Lance to stardom and have secured him a place in the hearts and minds of fans the world over and as you do so, raise a glass of something suitable to Mr. Lance Henriksen.

Eth

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

Wow! Simply awesome work... what a fitting and fascinating look at Lance's amazing career.

As always, perfectly executed and timed Josef! :thumbsup:

Thank you for helping us celebrate Lance's 70th!

All the best,

Graham

C 'Mon folks, what do you think, brilliant work or what?

It's superbly done isn't it? Kudos to Josef for having such talent when it comes to video making and editing and my gratitude to him for sharing it with us to help the celebrations go with a swing.

It's a brilliant little video and I have to say I am really impressed with Vimeo, the quality is much better than Youtube.

Eth

• Like 1

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

WOW!!!! How FRACKING AWESOME is this! Wonderful, Amazing and truly top notch!!! Lance should be very very proud and humbled by all these great videos. Amazing work Josef on celebrating his work in movies, Amazing, you have outdone yourself again. :) I love all this and I know Lance will truly appreciate it all, he loves his fans! :) I think our wonderful Markwub.gif deserves a big round of applause for making all this come together! :) thumbsup.gif

Laura :)

Guest WaveCrest

That was superb. I love how Josef edits the videos and makes images we have seen before given a new lease of life. Well done Josef! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

Someone should be paying Josef a lot of money! What a talented chap he is!

Sorry Josef, I'm not sure how to get the proper J for your name, on my keyboard! If I could do it, it would be there whenever I mention your name! :sweat:

It's even more amazing when you have a go yourself and realise how skilled he is at making these. I did, once, and the results were a little *ahem* rubbish which is why I have such an appreciation for Josef's work. I love the fact that it's "Lance" in his own words, it just gives it that goosebump quality doesn't it.

Eth

• Like 1