LH70 - Celebrate 70 Years of Lance Henriksen in Video

Rate this topic

Don't you worry about it Josef. It was simply thinking aloud for more ideas as to how we could encourage you to keep entertaining us. What with The Family, TIWWA TV and a number of other things on the go I think we all have our work cut out for us at the moment. That said, the themed events we did were so successful I'm sure we will do something similar in the not too distant future.

Eth

Guest lilblackgirl

While I applaud Lance for his choices in films, doesn't playing a role in a Hellraiser movie somewhat negate his comment? whistling.gif

He has never denied that some of his films are not so good and did it for the money, alimony films as he calls them. Being an actor is a gift and a curse, I think.

Isn't lillblackgirl referring to when he said....

"I won`t do slasher movies, and I won`t play child molesters or men who beat women. I can`t rationalize Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday 13th films because they`re too one-note."

...I guess it could be argued that the Hellraiser franchise isn't a slasher flick but I think that's what was being referring to.

Eth

We also don't need as holiday, we can create our own theme. We certainly have enough episodes and themes to pick from. For example: Where would you go to be "In The Wild" as in "Luminary?" You know the, "who, what, where, when, why, and how?" Kind of like when we were in school and had to write a report on our summer vacation. Or, what direction would you "Walkabout?" Or, discuss OUR blessings and curses. Who's your "Monster." "The Wild and Innocent" would be an interesting one, we could all discuss something we did when we were younger that was wild & innocent. We all did stupid things. There's always one "blood relative" that you either love about the others, or dislike, but this would be a sticky subject. What were you doing 13 years ago now that we are living "...Thirteen Years Later," and the list goes on and on and on.

Just some thoughts and breathing like a turtle, ("For Those That Think They Know Everything" post). :whistling:

I would love, love, love us to do something on "Monster" it's one of my favourite episodes and a Monster week would lend itself very well to being called something "Monster Of The Week" Week right :whistling:

You're right Darlene, we don't need to tie what we do into anything that's happening seasonally. We don't need an excuse to celebrate the show, we do that every day anyway. I still think a "Lucy Butler" event could be done again. I was very busy at the time I put the last one together and I pretty much felt like everything I did that week could have been bigger, better, bolder, brighter. I'm a bit of glutton for self-punishment I guess.

It's also playing with template a little that interests me. I kinda became formulaic in what I was doing in the sense that it was video, article, article, interview etc. and each theme week took the same form. It would be nice to break the mould a little a push the boundaries of what fansites can achieve. I always, always wanted to do something that has an ARG like quality to it. For those not in the know, ARGs are online games that are presented as a puzzle. An article would reference a TIWWA member profile (for example) and a check of that profile would yield a link to a video that would contain an image that would hint at a web address that would lead to an interview sort of thing. That's a really simplistic rendering of the concept but it shows how you can approach things in new and dynamic ways with little fuss.

Again, this is me thinking aloud now and breathing like a turtle also. :thumbsup:

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

The ARG part of your post Mark made me think of the quiz show Catchphrase, with the puzzle made of 9 or 12 pieces which are taken away one by one when the contestant got another catchphrase correct. It also made me think of a tiled mosaic pattern.

Which is pretty much the gist of it my friend. An ARG is about piecing together the puzzle and peeling back the layers. Every portion of the puzzle solved leads to the next piece of the puzzle and so on until you have something complete. They're fairly ambitious but I imagine great fun to do.

I was giving this some thought yesterday and it seems to me that the obvious topic for a themed event would be the very reason we are, Chris Carter. Rather than being solely Millennium-centric it would allow us to touch upon his other work. It would be great to see some content devoted to MM, XF, Harsh Realm and The Lone Gunmen as well as taking a look at the man, his life, his work and his words.

I bet that would be a fascinating subject to tackle as well as refreshing one as I am sure there's only so much you can write about Millennium before we need to do something new once in a while.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I didn't realise until some years ago, that Chris Carter wrote a few episodes of the underrated Midnight Caller. :cool:

It's good to do something fresh, as there comes a point when you need to freshen things up. And this can freshen up older topics here as well. :thumbsup: