LH70 - The Frank Black Birthday Samba

Rate this topic

lh70.jpg

The Frank Black Birthday Samba

Ladies and gentlemen, as part of our continuing celebrations to mark the milestone 70th birthday of Lance Henriksen. Steven Katzenmoyer has created an anthem befitting the day and the celebrations.

lancequotethree.png

Steven is a composer, musician and teacher and when I spoke to him about the possibility of doing something for the day he was knee-deep in preparations for three concerts he had looming. He described it as the busiest time of the year for him. Despite that he dropped everything and ,with speed befitting a superhero, he composed a fantastic piece of music to toast Lance Henriksen with on this very special day.

I am sure you will join with me in thanking Steve for going above and beyond the call of duty, in difficult circumstances, to help all of us here demonstrate to Lance Henriksen how beloved he is to all of us. So, I hope that glass is full of something fitting, here's to Steve and to Lance from all of us at TIWWA.

Eth

Can I just mention that this talented chap did this from start to scratch in about a day. He wrote, performed and recorded a song in one day with his back up against the wall because of work commitments. That's talent. Sure beats me playing chopsticks on the old Johanna.

Eth

• Like 1

Guest WaveCrest

I found it a funny and warm song. Steven did very well doing this all in one day. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Guest Ebdim9th

I like the 'evil look you give them ~~~sends them to hell~~~' that was hilarious.... i think i quoted it wrong...

Steve always creates things that have such a sense of humour about them. I have to say when I first heard it I was clicking my fingers and tapping my feet and smiling along with it. Fine work indeed.

Eth