Things I Noticed

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

That's the one which is infamously miss-quoted during the episode. I wonder if they did it intentionally or not? I love the whole Legion arc - fantastic, thrilling and most definitely thought provoking... :ouro:

Guest Seraphim
That's the one which is infamously miss-quoted during the episode. I wonder if they did it intentionally or not? I love the whole Legion arc - fantastic, thrilling and most definitely thought provoking... :ouro:

Yup, they do miss-quote it. Luke indicates that the demon(s) were cast from a human into the hogs, never from the hogs (Death took care of that). And it's a bit much to call the hogs enchanted. Maybe if Legion had remained in them for awhile, but such was not the case. I guess the writer of that episode didn't do his homework as well as he should. Still a good episode, though.

Edited by Seraphim

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

No, pork was forbidden to the Jews from ancient times because pigs are carnivorous, and therefore "unclean."

Guest Seraphim

Pork was ritually unclean. The Law stated that only ritually clean animals were to be eaten. Ritually clean denotes that which makes a pleasing sacrafice to God. As far as mamals go, only animals with cloven hooves who chew the cud are clean. Pigs are excluded due to the fact that they roll in their own filth. Another animal a lot of humans eat that is ritually unclean is the duck. Webbed footed birds are unclean.