DVD Talk

Rate this topic

I searched to see if the link to this article had ever been posted and couldn't find it. If it had, it was a long time ago since the review was written in 2004. It's an absolutely superb review and speaks highly of MLM.

Here's one sentence that begins the discussion of the pilot episode.

"Pilot" is perhaps the most perfect opening episode to a one-hour suspense thriller television show ever conceived." thumbsup.gif

DVD Talk: Millennium Season 1

• 1 month later...

I agree IHaveGoodInstincts, "The Well-Worn Lock" has always been a fan favorite. "The Wild and the Innocent" hasn't been a big favorite, but still a good episode to me. It goes deeper then a lot of people think, and in some cases, touches on a nerve. Touching on a nerve usually brings out rejection. Both deal with enough human pain and heartache without calling up the devil for his participation.

Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it.

Of all the creatures that were made, man is the most detestable. Of the entire brood he is the only one--the solitary one--that possesses malice. That is the basest of all instincts, passions, vices--the most hateful. He is the only creature that has pain for sport, knowing it to be pain. Also--in all the list he is the only creature that has a nasty mind.

Mark Twain

Guest teedub

Here's one sentence that begins the discussion of the pilot episode.

"Pilot" is perhaps the most perfect opening episode to a one-hour suspense thriller television show ever conceived." thumbsup.gif

I will have to agree with him wholeheartedly on that! I watch the pilot ep a lot.

Utterly agreed on the Pilot. I don't know if Chris Carter considers it is finest work but I know a great many fans of his do. I spoke a lady only a few weeks ago who is a passionate X-Files fan and a Chris Carter fan to boot and she has never seen Millennium. I fair begged her to watch the Pilot not only in the hope that she would be sucked into our world but because any fan of Carter's work really should treat themselves to his finest hour IMHO.

Eth

I fair begged her to watch the Pilot not only in the hope that she would be sucked into our world but because any fan of Carter's work really should treat themselves to his finest hour IMHO.

Eth

:clapping: DITTO from me. :ouroborous: