The Stoning of Soraya M

I watched this movie last night and I am so glad that it has finally made it to the big screen. It is based on a true story, written by Freidoune Sahebjam, the French-Iranian Journalist who was stranded in a village in Iran, and who recorded the story from the aunt of the innocent woman who had been stoned the day before. This was the aunt's attempt for justice and to expose Sharia Law.

Stoning must end, somehow, someway.

"The practice has been documented among the ancient Greeks to punish people judged to be prostitutes, adulterers or murderers. It is also documented in the Jewish Tradition via the Torah, the first five books of the Bible, and the Talmud, or Jewish Oral Law. In the Old Testament of the Bible, stoning is prescribed a method of execution for crimes such as murder, blasphemy or apostasy. Although there is no mention of stoning in the Quran, the practice has since grown to be associated with Islam and Muslim culture.

Stoning to death has been introduced as a legal form of punishment for the ‘adultery of married persons’ (zina al-Mohsena) in Afghanistan, Iran, Nigeria (about one-third among 36 states), Pakistan, Sudan, and the United Arab Emirates. While the penalty has never been carried out in Nigeria, or by the state in either Pakistan or Iraq, incidents of stoning have been carried out by communities, seemingly encouraged by the existence of the punishment in law." https://www.stop-stoning.org/faq_stoning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asH9sUD0A-s&feature=related

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

Stoning is an awfully barbaric and cruel act which I feel has no place in a modern, civilised world. :down:

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Stoning is an awfully barbaric and cruel act which I feel has no place in a modern, civilised world. :down:

There are many examples of barbaric activity going on in the world today; clearly we are not as modern and civilized as we would like to think we are.

"What you do when you think no one is looking is who you are."