Oil Spill Defense

Rate this topic

Earthnut

I can't remember if there was anything in MLM related to an oil spill, I kind of doubt it, but just didn't have the heart to put something this important in the Ruby Tip with jokes.

Somehow our Govt. will find a way NOT to do this.. it’s too simple!

A couple of good ole boys, using ''COMMON SENSE'' to clean up BP's oil spill. I hope that they realize that this works and then start using it.

SOMEBODY NEEDS TO PAY ATTENTION TO THESE GUYS!

Two Mississippi Certified Rednecks to the rescue! These guys work for CW Roberts, a big contractor in Walton County, Florida. They have just received contract to do the “HAY THING” for all the 26 miles of Walton County, Florida beaches including Sandestin. They start off shore with tug boats and barges spreading or blowing the hay over the oil.

If this works it will make Janet Neapolitan, or whatever her name is, and the EPA look silly.

I can't remember if there was anything in MLM related to an oil spill, I kind of doubt it, but just didn't have the heart to put something this important in the Ruby Tip with jokes.

Somehow our Govt. will find a way NOT to do this.. it’s too simple!

A couple of good ole boys, using ''COMMON SENSE'' to clean up BP's oil spill. I hope that they realize that this works and then start using it.

SOMEBODY NEEDS TO PAY ATTENTION TO THESE GUYS!

Two Mississippi Certified Rednecks to the rescue! These guys work for CW Roberts, a big contractor in Walton County, Florida. They have just received contract to do the “HAY THING” for all the 26 miles of Walton County, Florida beaches including Sandestin. They start off shore with tug boats and barges spreading or blowing the hay over the oil.

If this works it will make Janet Neapolitan, or whatever her name is, and the EPA look silly.

BEER----> This is too easy. the government will never buy it.

BELCH

Good on the two of them. Never was the word disaster used more aptly than in the case of the oil spill. Nothing grated on my nerves more than the chief executive of British Petroleum, Tony Hayward, saying his future depended on how the firm sorted the crisis, although he felt under no immediate pressure to step down. It's nice to know that such an unmitigated disaster can happen on your watch and there's no pressure on anyone to be held accountable for it.

When you consider that a mountain of evidence shows the company's cost-cutting on maintenance had led to the large oil spill in Alaska coupled with the company's rising profits year on year then it's evident to me what their commitment is to.

A disaster. Nothing more, nothing less.

Eth

• 1 month later...

There have been many solutions that have been created to deal with this, from the very simple ropes of nilone stalkins filled with hair to the hay, and then there are granulated things that remove the oils from the sands by sifting it through. The employees of the BP gas stations are getting alot of flack, but, its not them, they were not the ones who side stepped the safty issues, its the higher ups trying to make a fast dollar. What is really, difficult is to hear that a Judge has overtuned the decision to stop new drilling in that area for 6 months. Come on now, deal with one disaster at a time before creating a new one. the very real danger of methane gas bubbles is another hazard that needs adressing.if a ship passes over a methain bubble, the methane causes the ship to sink into the bubble with no warning, and if it is released in the air, airplain travel faces the same risks. the enviromental impact is horrific- no amount of money can replace the species that are lost because of stupid greed.

Kath :whistling:

Here's the link to another post about Kevin Costner and his machines that may very well be another answer to the problem. Here's hoping. Something needs to be done soon or this planet is doomed, if it isn't already.

I was sent an email with the following article about the oil spill, and it is so good that I had to share it with all off you.

MASSIVE OIL SPILL

bearlyused - Sun, May 2, 2010 - 11:48 AM

A reader who is an engineer of considerable experience says watch this one evolve carefully because it is destined to continue to grow and he shares this long (but worthy) explanation why:

"Heard your mention of the oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico this morning, and you (and most everyone else except maybe George Noory) are totally missing the boat on how big and bad of a disaster this is.

First fact, the original estimate was about 5,000 gallons of oil a day spilling into the ocean. Now they're saying 200,000 gallons a day. That's over a million gallons of crude oil a week! I'm an engineer with 25 years of experience. I've worked on some big projects with big machines. Maybe that's why this mess is so clear to me.

First, the BP platform was drilling for what they call deep oil. They go out where the ocean is about 5,000 feet deep and drill another 30,000 feet into the crust of the earth. This is right on the edge of what human technology can do. Well, this time they hit a pocket of oil at such high pressure that it burst all of their safety valves all the way up to the drilling rig and then caused the rig to explode and sink. Take a moment to grasp the import of that. The pressure behind this oil is so high that it destroyed the maximum effort of human science to contain it.

When the rig sank it flipped over and landed on top of the drill hole some 5,000 feet under the ocean. Now they've got a hole in the ocean floor, 5,000 feet down with a wrecked oil drilling rig sitting on top of is spewing 200,000 barrels of oil a day into the ocean. Take a moment and consider that, will you!

First they have to get the oil rig off the hole to get at it in order to try to cap it. Do you know the level of effort it will take to move that wrecked oil rig, sitting under 5,000 feet of water? That operation alone would take years and hundreds of millions to accomplish. Then, how do you cap that hole in the muddy ocean floor? There just is no way. No way.

The only piece of human technology that might address this is a nuclear bomb. I'm not kidding. If they put a nuke down there in the right spot it might seal up the hole. Nothing short of that will work.

If we can't cap that hole that oil is going to destroy the oceans of the world. It only takes one quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic to wildlife. Are you starting to get the magnitude of this?

We're so used to our politicians creating false crises to forward their criminal agendas that we aren't recognizing that we're staring straight into possibly the greatest disaster mankind will ever see. Imagine what happens if that oil keeps flowing until it destroys all life in the oceans of this planet. Who knows how big of a reservoir of oil is down there.

Not to mention that the oceans are critical to maintaining the proper oxygen level in the atmosphere for human life. We're humped. Unless God steps in and fixes this. No human can. You can be sure of that."

• Elders (Admins)

That was pretty impressive to watch and remarkably simple! Thanks for sharing.

It makes me feel sick and ashamed every time I see that CCTV video of the oil spewing out.