WHATEVER HAPPENED TO LARA MEANS??

Rate this topic

Guest soylentgreenspeople

Guest soylentgreenspeople

Okay ive watched ALL seasons of millennium and from the jump between seasons 2 and 3 lara means basically dissapears! Can someone tell me what happened please?

Indeed she does disappear. Sadly we only know as much you do that the last time we see here she is strapped down in a room in a psychiatric institute (one assumes) and she is never seen or heard from again. As we have absolutely no on-screen confirmation of what happened next the rest is up to the viewer. Frank pretty much tells her to remain 'insane' believing that if she has found some solace in whatever inner world she has retreated into then that might be a better option than a life of torment at the hands of her ability. I like to think she made it back. In my imaginings she simply took herself away from The Group and lived a quiet life.

The thing is Kristen Cloke was only ever intended to be in one season of the show so they gave her the ending they had always planned for her character. Her story was told.

If you want to read what fans think happened next then check out the Virtual Seasons of the show. Lara Means makes an appearance in them.

Thanks for talking Lara, my favourite subject.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I too like to think she moved on and found peace elsewhere, maybe fell in love and got married and had a family of her own. :)

Laura :)

Guest frankblack13

I've been wondering the same thing about Rodecker and Jordan's dog Benny they never got into much detail about them

I love Roedecker and by all accounts so did Glen Morgan so he wasn't dismissed out of hand on a whim. Allan Zinyk made a commitment to work on something else just prior to landing the role on the show. I think Glen had hoped they could persuade him to stay the distance but he decided to honour that commitment making "The Mikado" his last appearance on the show and his exit explained as the character being sacked off-screen by Peter Watts.

That said when you consider that Roedecker, Lara, The Old Man and The Elder were all introduced in this season and written out in this season it contributes to what it is that makes the whole season feel so self contained and distinct from what came before or after it. Someone said to me recently that you can watch any of the seasons of the show as a standalone and it works. You don't need to know too much about what happened before or after to enjoy them.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Would be great if a Lara Means spin-off was made. But sadly, it's very unlikely that will happen. :sad:

Exactly and I believe Mulder was assumed to be pushing up the daisies a time or two and came back for more. If I recall rightly he was even buried at one point. In light of that Lara should be a doddle.

Eth