Why?

Rate this topic

Guest soylentgreenspeople

Ok at the very end of the last episode of season two, why is Frank Black's hair totally gray? I know it naturally grays throughout season 3 but, it is UNNATURALLY gray in the last scene when Jordan wakes up and finds him sitting in the cabin. I just dont understand this... maybe someone can help me out? Anyways thanks!

Hi soylentgreenspeople,

Allow me. There's a commonly head belief that severe psychological trauma can turn a person's hair white literally overnight. Whilst there's some truth in this (stress can impede the production of melanin) it is still widely used in fiction as a device to signal to the reader/viewer that something terrible has taken place. In this instance it was the realisation that not only was the world ending but that he had lost his wife. That accounts for the trauma that turned Frank's hair white.

Hope that helps,

Eth

Oh... I get it! Now i have a similar question! Why did Frank's hair get gray in season 3? I know he was in jis late 50's early 60's in season 1 and 2! BUt why did it get totally gray in like 6 months of season 3?

Now I don't know where I got this from but I'm fairly sure it's accurate. Lance was grey by the time season three of the show came around though the decision was taken to dye his hair as had been the practice in the first and second season. I believe it was Lance who convinced them to let the colour wash out naturally and not continue to keep up the process of dying it so we simply see the colour washing out over the course of the season.

Can anyone confirm that or not? I'm fairly certain I've read that somewhere.

Eth

Now I don't know where I got this from but I'm fairly sure it's accurate. Lance was grey by the time season three of the show came around though the decision was taken to dye his hair as had been the practice in the first and second season. I believe it was Lance who convinced them to let the colour wash out naturally and not continue to keep up the process of dying it so we simply see the colour washing out over the course of the season.

Can anyone confirm that or not? I'm fairly certain I've read that somewhere.

Eth

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it makes more sence! Ha ha thank you!

Guest teedub

I remember he said in an interview that he's been dying it since he was 30. And he was apparently totally gray before Millennium ever started. (See him in "No Escape" and "Color of Night.")

I remember he said in an interview that he's been dying it since he was 30. And he was apparently totally gray before Millennium ever started. (See him in "No Escape" and "Color of Night.")

Good lord! since he was 30? Ha ha ha wow!

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Hi soylentgreenspeople,

Allow me. There's a commonly head belief that severe psychological trauma can turn a person's hair white literally overnight. Whilst there's some truth in this (stress can impede the production of melanin) it is still widely used in fiction as a device to signal to the reader/viewer that something terrible has taken place. In this instance it was the realisation that not only was the world ending but that he had lost his wife. That accounts for the trauma that turned Frank's hair white.

Hope that helps,

Eth

"Horror movie nerd alert" lol

Yeah rememer Mark, thats how Nancy got her gray streak on a Nightmare on Elm Street. ghostface.gif

Laura makingeyes.gif

Hey does anyone know where i can find this clip about lance and his hair? :bigsmile: Like could someone post a link? Thatd be cool! Thanks!