Season 3 Extras

Rate this topic

Guest OS_

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

You lot can be so harsh it's unbelieveable! It must be said that 'Millennium' is a terrible, terrible end to Millennium the series. No arguments but consider that it is an X-Files episode, not a Millennium episode and as an XF episode, I think it is actually pretty good. The X-Files has a different feel and a different pace to it, just doing an episode of Millennium would not have gone down well with XF's fans. They wouldn't know the mytharc, wouldn't really know who Frank Black is and Terry O' Quinn has appeared in the XF so many times as different people it just would have been confusing!

One episode simply isn't enough time for Mulder and Scully to get to know Frank Black, explore what's happenning with Jordan, what are the MLM Group up to etc etc. Let alone deal with the actual apocalypse! The episode focuses on the similarities between Frank and Mulder, driven, obsessional people etc. It addresses Frank's inability to leave his work behind, his fragile mental health but his determination to do the right thing for his daughter. And he gets to walk off in peace with Jordan at the end too...

It isn't all we could hope for but you are asking too much. Bottom line, it wasn't Millennium, it was the X-Files. They didn't want to hear your theories, that's why you're locked in the basement... Seriously though, it is perhaps being a little over-selfish to want XF's fans to sit happily by while you hi-jack their show and do your own thing they have no idea about and no desire to know about. CC wanted to do something more with Frank Black as a thankyou to people for supporting his show and this was the only way he could do it. It ISN'T great but the time didn't allow for anything more really did it? Cut them a break...

Guest Seraphim

To address the MM and XF same/different reality issue.....

I have always though that MillenniuM and The X-Files would have been interesting to be in the same reality. Based on the first few seaons of XF, I see it as very feasible. It was the whole revelation of what the aliens were, what they wanted, and their connection/purpose for humanity that killed the posibility in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

The Old Man - The 12 minute documentary you mentioned in the MM Season 3 sound thread has been added to the Video/DVD pages for recent decisions:

Between the Lines - 12 min 38 sec. Widescreen, DVD additional material.

They've gotten shorter from the S1 doc to this one for S3. And they've got the main cast list right. Sometimes I've noticed on the BBFC site that they've got an actor who wasn't in the TV show at that time. But on the page for the documentary it has Lance and Klea Scott.

It had this info underneath, stating it was divided into separate components:

BETWEEN THE LINES

THE CASE OF THE MISSING WIFE

DEMONSTRATION

CYBER-CRIME

It's a 12 certificate.

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

A second documentary for the S3 set was put up on the BBFC site yesterday called "Millennium Featurette - End Game - The Making of Season 3". Over 38 minutes long. The documentary I mentioned in my last post was I thought this one but this is the Making of S3 documentary. Rated a 15 and in widescreen.

Guest WaveCrest

The BBFC will probably have each Season 3 episode listed in the next month before Season 3 comes out (including the last two episodes which previously were both rated an 18, before they were released on video with the XF/MM crossover episode).

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest A Stranger
You lot can be so harsh it's unbelieveable! It must be said that 'Millennium' is a terrible, terrible end to Millennium the series. No arguments but consider that it is an X-Files episode, not a Millennium episode and as an XF episode, I think it is actually pretty good. The X-Files has a different feel and a different pace to it, just doing an episode of Millennium would not have gone down well with XF's fans. They wouldn't know the mytharc, wouldn't really know who Frank Black is and Terry O' Quinn has appeared in the XF so many times as different people it just would have been confusing!

One episode simply isn't enough time for Mulder and Scully to get to know Frank Black, explore what's happenning with Jordan, what are the MLM Group up to etc etc. Let alone deal with the actual apocalypse! The episode focuses on the similarities between Frank and Mulder, driven, obsessional people etc. It addresses Frank's inability to leave his work behind, his fragile mental health but his determination to do the right thing for his daughter. And he gets to walk off in peace with Jordan at the end too...

It isn't all we could hope for but you are asking too much. Bottom line, it wasn't Millennium, it was the X-Files. They didn't want to hear your theories, that's why you're locked in the basement... Seriously though, it is perhaps being a little over-selfish to want XF's fans to sit happily by while you hi-jack their show and do your own thing they have no idea about and no desire to know about. CC wanted to do something more with Frank Black as a thankyou to people for supporting his show and this was the only way he could do it. It ISN'T great but the time didn't allow for anything more really did it? Cut them a break...

I really don't think that a MM episode is necessarily extremly different than an X-Files episode. "Orison" aired that same year was far superior as a "millenniumistic" XF episode than "Millennium" was and Frank wasn't even in it! "Millennium" was nearly as bad of an XF episode as a MM one. It was really just zombies, which the show has already done a long time ago and much better (Fresh Bones). I just think the wholw XF crew were spent and Carter really didn't care that much anymore. Or at least was out of ideas.

And yeah, I'm being harsh.

Edited by A Stranger

....well, you're right of course. But, although i fear your wrath-lol!, if i had a choice between that atrocity never happenning and the frank dolly, well, um...........................i'd rather have the episode never exist. SORRY! :tongue:

~se7en :ouro: