Season 3 Extras

Rate this topic

Guest OS_

........i can't speak for fox, nor would i want to, but 3-years(?) ago when "ernie" and i were doing the designs for our personal inserts i was most heavily involved in how those designs looked because of how dear S3 it is too me.

...unless people actually want to hear it i won't go into why i chose the blue tinged, color desaturated-themed look-(with the exception of emotional colors like yellow and red,etc. which were greatly heightenned with the cold-blue hues; those with the sets will know what i mean.).

...I also chose to turn the original orange-flaming MM title/logo-(from the S3 lasers)- into a blue flame which i think came out great when ernie implemented it.

...But suffice it to say the whole idea of "blue" was for personal reasons and what i felt the season was all about, on an emotional level, for just myself and ernie, as corny as that may sound.-(remember that at the time these were only going to be for myself and him and no one else!)

...but, amazingly people who treasure S3 the way i do would email me-(this was before Gra's peerless review on MDUK)- and tell me how perfect the whole vibe of S3 was captured in those inserts. -(i don't mind saying that that felt HUGELY gratifying!)

...i don't know what to think of the fox case designs, on the one hand they are very well done but on the other there is an inexcusable lack of diversity and imagination on the case inserts and discs.-(the same one generic photo on the back of EVERY insert and only ONE(?!) image on the front to represent the entire 4-episodes on a given disc?)

....and it is rather strange that Ernie's invention of having an oroboros circling another one appeared on the Fox release and now Fox is going with a blue-themed S3 case-(and i'm assuming inserts as well)- design. I really don't know what the f*** to think of that! coincidence? Yeah, i suppose, but 2- of them? Strange is all i can say.-lol!

~se7en :ouro:

Guest Second Coming
...unless people actually want to hear it i won't go into why i chose the blue tinged, color desaturated-themed look-(with the exception of emotional colors like yellow and red,etc. which were greatly heightenned with the cold-blue hues; those with the sets will know what i mean.).

I would like to know why.