Will the real Peter Watts please stand up?

Rate this topic

Guest soylentgreenspeople

Guest soylentgreenspeople

Okay my second favorite character is Peter Watts! Even in the third season when he was sorta evil. I just dont know what it is about him that i liked! On top of more Frank Black (of course) Id love to see more Watts! Maybe it was the Frank Vs. MM group conflict i liked... Anyways, do you think their is ANY chance of seeing Peter Watts again? I know supposedly he was killed at the season three closing episode but HEY! They never revealed who was killed! Anyways your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

We may never know what was the true intention of that scene. I like to think he's alive because they only show the legs behind his desk.

Maybe he's meant to be dead, but scheduling wise they had to compromise, because Terry O'Quinn couldn't do the shot for some reason. That's one reason for how the shot looked, that's my take on it anyway...

If a Millennium movie will be made, I would love to see Peter Watts pop up there somewhere.

• Like 1

Guest lilblackgirl

Personally, i don't think Peter would have been half as appealing if it weren't for Terry. Terry is such a likeable guy with a smile that'll kill ya.

If the movie's ever made, i'd love to see Peter come back and fight the group with Frank.

I can only assume the scene was intended to leave his fate open ended. I do recall someone arguing the case that the scene was intended to depict Peter's demise but I would say it's probably closer to the truth to say it intended to hint at it. If they had wanted to close the door on that character once and for all then all they had to do was show his face clearly.

As it stands you could present a case that Peter killed the hit-man the group had dispensed to kill him and that is the body we see.

I would love to see Terry O'Quinn in a movie not least because he is such a fine actor but he is also a huge name internationally these days thanks to "Lost".

I know he had a bit of a rough time during the third season of the show and I wonder how willing he would be to revisit the role over a decade later.

That said, money talks when all is said and done right?

Eth

• Like 1

Guest teedub

I would love to see Terry O'Quinn in a movie not least because he is such a fine actor but he is also a huge name internationally these days thanks to "Lost".

I was thinking the same thing. With his popularity now, anyone making a Millennium film would be insane not to try to get him in the cast.

That said, I loved Peter Watts, hated what they did to his character in the latter half of season 2 and all of season 3, and in my mind was wounded but escaped and is now in his own sort of witness protection program. thumbsup.gif

Agreed and chances are he is a more bankable name that Lance Herniksen at the moment and could do wonders in helping the audience reach out to a broader audience.

I do think if a MM Movie ever goes ahead there will be a fair bit of stunt casting to help give it feet. Terry would be a superb choice and recast Catherine with Jennifer Anniston taking the role and you are on to a winner. :whistling:

Eth

Another cool character that could easily come back. However, having to tell a complicated backstory while telling a story/movie could be confusing, with a movie length time limit. Circumstances like this would depend on how sharp the writing is, but it can be done! Many people reportedly disliked it, but I thought X-Files 2 did the backstory/mainstory thing quite well.

Exactly. It's part of the reason I feel a Millennium movie could only be credible if it dispenses with the TV show and exists with a bubble universe of it's own. Same characters, same intention but divorced from the storyline of the televised show. You simply do not have the time to bring the viewers up to speed with the three years of the show and you can't rely, as the X-Files can, with viewers being fairly familiar with who these characters are, what motivates them and what a synopsis of their history would look like.

That said, it would be a missed opportunity to use Terry's profile as a boost.

Eth

That's my gripe with the new Star (Wars) Trek movie. J.J. Abrams screws up the Trek timeline to open up new possibilities, and all bloggers want to see is The Wrath of Khan II with a more ethnically accurate Khan.

Back to Millennium.

Yes, it would have to have that stand-alone feel and style to be sucessful.