Will the real Peter Watts please stand up?

Rate this topic

Guest soylentgreenspeople

Excellent point by both of you.

Frank, I'm leaning more towards Peter's family knew better then to ask about his work, but at the same time they knew it could be dangerous and to always listen to him.  In Collateral Damage, when Peter's daughter is kidnapped by a Gulf War veteran who hopes to force the MLM Group into admitting their crimes, it shows a perfect example of Peter's secrecy.  Frank and Emma are trying to help him find his daughter, and he is determined to not betray the secrets of the group.

Walkabout, seeing wives and family as a distraction seems to be the MLM Group way of operating.  It's like the members are on their own with family, yet behind the scenes, they do help, but probably just for their own agenda, like using Emma's ill father to force her to become a member.

You raise an excellent point yourself Earthnut...the fact that the group will come to you when you seem to be at your most vulnerable ( Peter's "son" that was found in the cooler, forcing him to face true evil, Emma's Father....) to be honest if they had approached me many years ago with a cure for my mother's dementia or my father's cancer I'm not sure I would have been able to refuse them...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FrankBlack2 said:

You raise an excellent point yourself Earthnut...the fact that the group will come to you when you seem to be at your most vulnerable ( Peter's "son" that was found in the cooler, forcing him to face true evil, Emma's Father....) to be honest if they had approached me many years ago with a cure for my mother's dementia or my father's cancer I'm not sure I would have been able to refuse them...

Have to admit and agree with you Frank, same here with my parents and my son.

As far as the MLM group, they use the love that binds us together and sees it as our weakest link.  That's because they have wire cutters in their hands.

I just started watching season 3 this week, and Lance & Klea provided a great commentary track for "The innocents"....Lance said at one point that he hated how the writers pitted the group against one another. BTW, If you've never heard them, Lance also assisted in some memorable CT's for ALIENS ( his reaction to co-star Bill Paxton's story of how he was hired for the film is priceless ) and for AVP, during the CT his daughter calls his cell phone! :)

20 hours ago, FrankBlack2 said:

I just started watching season 3 this week, and Lance & Klea provided a great commentary track for "The innocents"....Lance said at one point that he hated how the writers pitted the group against one another. BTW, If you've never heard them, Lance also assisted in some memorable CT's for ALIENS ( his reaction to co-star Bill Paxton's story of how he was hired for the film is priceless ) and for AVP, during the CT his daughter calls his cell phone! :)

Wow, sounds like I need to get my DVDs out for the commentary tracks.  Really interested in the Bill Paxton story, and what is even stranger, I just watched the extended version of AVP last night before bed.

• Like 1

For all the darkness that surrounds Frank, Lance himself has an incredible sense of humor and it comes out on the CT's...I believe it was Megan Gallagher who said once he used to do his Elvis impersonation for her between takes!

• Like 1