Worry... Wait... Who Cares? ...

Rate this topic

Guest Willious

Guest Willious

Hello. I am new to these forums, and have only just rekindled my appetite for Millennium after watching a few episodes that I found on tape (I still don't understand how a show this professional could have been cancelled!!!).

I used to have a screensaver on my computer a few years ago which zoomed in with each of the phrases ... "Wait" (fade out) ... "Worry" (fade out) ... "Who cares?" (fade out) ... then the Ouroboros symbol would appear and fade, and it would all restart.

Is this screensaver still in anyone's circle? as I haven't had much luck online.

TIA,

:jumping:

William John.

Guest Willious

Wow, Graham. Thank you so much. I have actually been to your website a few times now, but don't know what was going on in my brain to have just srolled past the screensaver.

This is enough to make me engrave the words "STOP LOOKING" onto my abdomen. :-)

William John.

Guest Willious

I have installed it now, but am having some trouble running it. A error message pops up when a try to do so reading " 'Director Player 5.0' - This program requires at least 3MB of free virtual memory to run".

I have a whole Gig of memory at my mercy, so am wondering what I could do to fix this.

:)

William John.

Guest Willious

It was actually the Official Fox Millennium Screen Saver. You see, when I used this screensaver years ago, I was using a different operating system... Win98, most likely. I am not sure how this works on WinXP, but I had a bit of trouble with it, in fact.

When I restarted my computer, I was unable to log-in to my computer name, and that same error message popped up each time I'd try to get in...

" 'Director Player 5.0' - This program requires at least 3MB of free virtual memory to run".

I don't even know why this would attempt to run at each startup. Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyhow, I have taken your other screensaver advice and took my hand at making the opening credits my screensaver, and that is nice enough to look at.

William John.

Guest Willious

Oh... I ended up logging into another name on the startup list, and then running system restore to fix the problem. It is the only time I have used it with success, but I fear I am having a few internet problems now.

I have no idea if all of this is completely related, either, so don't go removing the screensaver based only on my troubles.

All the best,

William John.

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

Yes indeed that Official Screensaver was designed for Windows 98. I have got it to run on WindowsXP but it wasn't easy and I removed it. I'm not sure why it would tamper with your log in but I know that its designed to be located in a different folder on your computer where Win95/98/ME used to store screen savers. Windows XP being built on the WindowsNT/2000 core meant that screen savers go into a different folder on your hard disk which cause the problems.

As you pointed out, there are much better screen savers available now but I keep it there for posterity! :ouro:

This is enough to make me engrave the words "STOP LOOKING" onto my abdomen. :-)

:rofl: Good one!

Guest Willious

Oh well, thank you anyway Graham. Such a simple screensaver to be causing such problems, but it would have been nice anyway. Maybe for the next Microsoft OS update it will work. Will give it a try then. lol.

William John.

I will be releasing Mac OS X modules for the Millennium screen savers. Still, no release date for my website yet :)

Just if anyone's interested, because Frank as well uses a Mac.

T