The Best TV Series Of The Past 20 Years

ethsnafu

I just happened upon this and thought you good people might be interested. E-Online are running a poll to find the best TV series of the last 20 years. The author of the poll has suggested his list and then gives you the opportunity to vote for the show you would like to see a number one. Whilst there is no Millennium on the list there is an option to vote for our sister show the X-Files so that's where I put my tick. Head on over folks and cast your vote and let us know what you chose.

Eth

Vote here!

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after my vote today, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is at 13.7%, yuck, did not like that show. Lost comes in next at 12.5%, Friends and Supernatural at 8.1%, Chuck at 6.7%, The X-Files at 3.9%, 24 at 2.5%, Grey's Anatomy and Alias at 2.6%, Gilmore Girls at 2.1, and all the others are either 1.something% or less then 1%.

It is so disappointing not to see Millennium ouroborous.gif on the list. cry.gif

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Guest WaveCrest

SFX magazine don't have something to do with this poll do they? :oneeyedwinK

There are a few of my favourite TV series from the past 20 years in this poll. Too difficult to choose from!

Guest RodimusBen

Sorry Mark, you know where my loyalties lie. Especially with no Millennium on there. If there had been, it might have been a tough call....... :wink:

• Elders (Admins)

Well, after my vote today, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is at 13.7%, yuck, did not like that show.

I didn't watch that show, until my daughter introduced me to a couple of episodes one evening. Those episode were the Gentlemen, and the one with the red curtains a la Twin Peaks. Then I was hooked. Mind you, this was the daughter who advised me not to watch Millennium because she thought it was it was too violent for me. whistling.gif

SFX magazine don't have something to do with this poll do they? :oneeyedwinK

Oh, :oneeyedwinK indeed.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Guest WaveCrest

You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on Buffy (and Angel), but did the Gentleman appear in that episode which was silent, called "Hush"? The red curtains in Twin Peaks similarity in a Buffy episode has me interested.

Now how strange is that? I know virtually nothing about "Buffy" even though my then flat-mate (I was at University) was a huge fan and even named a potted plant in the flat Spike (we were young, and students and probably drunk) but I do know about The Gentlemen from "Hush". It seems to be one of those episodes that everyone has read about or heard about even if we haven't seen the show. "Once More With Feeling" would be another one I guess.

I did once read a great article online about how polls such as these merely indicate which fanbase has realised the poll exists and has created a post in their forums rallying members to arms. It seems in this case that www.buffy-boards.com/ have been particularly active in voting. I wonder if the Fuselage or Haven know the poll is there. Might balance things out a bit. :whistling:

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest WaveCrest

Is the Idealists Haven still on the web Mark? I had to keep going to an old UK X Files forum I used to post on to get the URL address for the Idealists Haven (and when you went on the page you had to click on a link on that page to get to the latest version of Idealists Haven). If it is still online then the votes from there would certainly make a difference in this Best TV Series of the past 20 Years poll.

I remember that musical episode "Once More With Feeling" as well Mark. Also, that Angel episode with a Muppet version of Angel.