Jason D Morris' Beach Ball Of Pain

Rate this topic

Jason D Morris is, as most of you know, is the brainchild behind Millennium: Apocalypse. What's more he is a super chap and our paths have crossed a number of times and he really is one of the best. Before "Millennium: Apocalypse" became a reality Jason created a montage video and he shared with his friends via his Facebook profile yesterday. He accepts it is not the best quality (it was done in the day before we have the DVDs) but the energy is superb and it is well worth a watch. I asked him if he would share it with us here and kindly sent me the file with his permission to do just that. I am truly grateful to him.

Check it out folks. I think it's superb.

Eth

I sent him a message on facebook complementing him. Some cuts and visuals that goes with the music are inspired. He told me and I quote him:

"I started the video in the middle of season 2 and had actually finished it and then about 6months or so after the end of the series I updated it with season 3 footage.

I then made three different version of the video, not too different from each other, but this one has the book ending with the selfosophy thing and another had nin footage inter-cut."

It must have taken ages to do this, working with VHS tapes recorded from when it aired on FOX and I'm not sure what he used, were computers that good back then for video editing?

• Like 1

It is superb isn't it? I love the energy of the piece. I would love him to do something of this kind now that we have the DVDs and we can use better quality files. I can't even begin to imagine how this was done from using VHS. Quite remarkable.

He has given me a load of stuff that we can use and I am incredibly grateful to him and I have started uploading the odd thing to Youtube but I wanted to share this one with you as a treat. It's a short blooper reel from "Millennium: Apocalypse" which had me in stitches thanks to the scene of the lady in the wheelchair.

Eth

My pleasure Darlene and all the credit must go to Jason for sharing so much behind the scenes and unreleased material with us. I am currently watching MM:A again and am struck by how enjoyable it is. It really is superb considering it is what it is: a group of fans making a film.

I was really struck by the description of the Millennium Group as a consultancy agency sponsored by the Catholic Church. I have no idea who wrote the episode that asserted that but I'd love to know what their thinking was as that really intrigued me. It really lept out of the screen when that was said.

Oh well, that's for another topic I guess.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

The video is superb Eth, you are right. :) I love the energy of it too. :)

Loved the bloopers too, we love this movie, i don't know how many times we have watched it but i think it has something to do with Shoni, lol, Frank has a wee crush on her i think, he thinks she is beautiful and i would have to agree, :) very fresh faced and lovely to watch. :)

Laura :)

Guest WaveCrest

Just watched the blooper reel, which I think I've seen some of before. I can't remember the bit with the woman in the wheelchair. I've got to watch the DVD in full. I started watching it and must have watched more than half of it, but forgot to watch the rest.

EDIT: That Millennium music montage video by Jason was indeed superb. :clapping: Not my kind of music but it did go very well with the fast moving clips. And there was so much packed into that 6+ minute music video. :notworthy:

• 6 months later...
Guest WaveCrest

Just tried to watch the blooper reel posted above, but it says on the YouTube video screen:

"This video is no longer available because the uploader has closed their YouTube account".

EDIT: Just watched Jason Morris' Beach Ball of Pain. It certainly has bags of energy. Very well edited. What was the name of the music track? Not my kind of thing but I liked some parts of it.