X-Files Song Spoof

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

The décolleté, though also featured in Milagro, is actually from "En Ami" (season 7), where Scully goes undercover on a road trip with the Cigarette-Smoking Man. The scene with the black dress right after it is from the same episode. I guess W B Davis, who wrote the episode, is the naughty boy here!

What is a 'décolleté' in layman's terms? :unsure:

Scully/Gillian Anderson was gorgeous in that dinner scene in "En Ami". Schwing!

:embarassed: I'll have a go and hope that I a) get it right and b) our ladies will correct me if I'm wrong. It refers to wearing something low cut that allows a small amount of cleavage to be seen.

Now I know I'm going a little off topic here but conversation has evolved naturally so I'll run with it. I watched En Ami yesterday and it was competent enough if not a little hard to believe at times but it did leave me wondering what I had missed. This is no doubt due to the fact that I don't have a working knowledge of the X-Files in the same way I do Millennium and because I was watching it this morning and was tired after work.

So am I right in thinking that The Cigarette Smoking Man had used Scully to intercept the disc to stop information regarding the cancer-curing-chip from falling into the hands of the right people? He's certainly not after the disc for himself as he is already in possession of the contents of it so that's the conclusion that seemed the most obvious to me. He learns that an individual is seeking out M&S with a desire to give them Syndicate secrets and he uses Scully as bait to assassinate said individual, right?

I found it curious that Scully is duped by a plot that involves a dying man offering her the cure to all human illness. It does seem a little perplexing that he doesn't use said cure on himself or that Scully didn't question why he is still dying if he is in possession of the knowledge. I guess she's not as bright as Juliet Burke right. :whistling:

Not a bad little story at all mind.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

:embarassed: I'll have a go and hope that I a) get it right and b) our ladies will correct me if I'm wrong. It refers to wearing something low cut that allows a small amount of cleavage to be seen.

Now I know I'm going a little off topic here but conversation has evolved naturally so I'll run with it. I watched En Ami yesterday and it was competent enough if not a little hard to believe at times but it did leave me wondering what I had missed. This is no doubt due to the fact that I don't have a working knowledge of the X-Files in the same way I do Millennium and because I was watching it this morning and was tired after work.

So am I right in thinking that The Cigarette Smoking Man had used Scully to intercept the disc to stop information regarding the cancer-curing-chip from falling into the hands of the right people? He's certainly not after the disc for himself as he is already in possession of the contents of it so that's the conclusion that seemed the most obvious to me. He learns that an individual is seeking out M&S with a desire to give them Syndicate secrets and he uses Scully as bait to assassinate said individual, right?

I found it curious that Scully is duped by a plot that involves a dying man offering her the cure to all human illness. It does seem a little perplexing that he doesn't use said cure on himself or that Scully didn't question why he is still dying if he is in possession of the knowledge. I guess she's not as bright as Juliet Burke right. :whistling:

Not a bad little story at all mind.

Eth

Allow me. :) You are correct, it means to have a low cut neckline or without a neck line. :) So i guess you could say if you got it flaunt it. lol :)

Laura :)

I found it curious that Scully is duped by a plot that involves a dying man offering her the cure to all human illness. It does seem a little perplexing that he doesn't use said cure on himself or that Scully didn't question why he is still dying if he is in possession of the knowledge.

The short answer is that yes, that's pretty much it! The episode plays on the ambiguity of whether CSM is telling her the truth when he's talking about wanting to share the cure to all illnesses. It was all a ploy, but we are left wondering whether some truth hides behind the CSM's lies. Has his own illness made him more compassionate? Has the realization of his own mortality made him willing to do good for others? The ambiguity exists in the title of the episode too as you noted. Ultimately it's a very dark episode, as seen by the final scene. He doesn't use it to cure himself, let alone share the knowledge: he has lost all hope for Man, and at the same time he rejects any chance to redeem himself at the eyes of others.

The long answer is here: En Ami :oneeyedwinK

Now that's a superb resume of the events. Thank you for sharing. I'm also glad to be in good company as I too thought of Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose when The CSM announced that the chip was the cure to all human disease. I happen to think that the CBFR comment was nothing more than a throw-away line but considering the way the fans seized up this and ran with it I would like to think that the embellishment of our understanding of what the chip was capable of achieving was a device to acknowledge the suppositions of the fans by providing a possible reason why Clyde made the assertion he did that Scully doesn't die, presumably Scully could go on to live an extended life-span like that of Marjorie Butters. If CBFR was in mind when aspects of the dialogue were written then this would be a simple case of superb attention to the gaps the like of which "Lost" can only marvel.

Eth