Dean Haglund Comes To Tiwwa

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

HaglundColor.jpg

Dear friends,

tinfoilhatsmile.gif

I've just heard from Mr. Dean Haglund better known to most of us and the Ramones' loving hacker, Richard Langly from the "X-Files" and "The Lone Gunmen". He has seen our interview with fellow gunman Stephen Snedden and is interested in talking to us about his work on the "X-Files" and "The Lone Gunmen" as well as his continuing career, his roots in comedy and his fascination with all things paranormal. I am just ironing out how this will take place but if you would like to ask Dean a question about his time working with Ten Thirteen Productions then send me a PM or leave a note here and I will be sure to add it to my list of queries.

Thanks folks,

:alien2:

Eth

ufo_1.gif

• Elders (Moderators)

At what point did he realise (or get told) that his role of Langly would be a recurring one?

How difficult was it to fit in his other commitments with XF filming?

I bought a copy of his TLG comic book. Has he done any others?

I watch a lot of science documentaries. For several years now, every time a picture of Isaac Newton gets shown, I think: hmm, that guy looks just like Langly. Am I weird?

• Like 1

Guest WaveCrest

Woo-ooh, this is great news! :clapping:

Q: Did you ever think about directing an episode of The X Files and The Lone Gunmen during their original run?

• Like 1

:clapping: Thank you folk your support ladies and gentlemen and it is a good day for TIWWA. I have enjoyed Dean's work for many a year and I'm delighted that he's interested in us and supportive of what we do. I thank you for your suggestions, there are some great submissions there and let's face it the chap appeared in over thirty episodes of the X-Files, starred in a Ten Thirteen spin-off and contributed to two video games as well as countless spin-off media - there's much to talk about.

He's stated that he will push this in the way of Zuleikha Robinson who I have always wanted to talk to to see if she is interested in joining the fun and I know Frank Spotnitz is taking note. It's all good fun when all is said and done and that's what it should be about.

Thanks for indulging me in my Lone Gunmen fetish and thank you for supporting TIWWA.

I shall be scribbling my own questions as well but please keep your suggestions coming. Including you good people in what we are doing here is so very important to me.

Eth

PS He said he wants to do this at 3.00 am when he's at his most witty. I think this is going to be a corker. :thumbsup:

This is great news, he's the most memorable of The Lone Gunmen, in my mind anyway.

Since I've never been into X-Files and not seen The Lone Gunmen, I can't ask any specific questions.

Silly question, is he even remotely close to being as geeky as Langley? And what did he do to prepare himself for the role or the audition? Was there a lot of research done into technical aspects or is this all techno-babble?

Hey Ho, Let's Go! Long live the Ramones!

• Like 1

Not a silly question at all Josef and thank you. I'm going to start work on these tomorrow so if anyone else would like to contribute a question please drop a suggestion here or PM me if you prefer.

Thanks folks.

Eth

Great news Eth! Keep'em coming! And thanks for the opportunity. :notworthy:

I know he's a conspiracy theories nut (check out his podcast at Chillpak Hollywood!). Does he think that people are less or more paranoid since the 1990s when XF was at its peak? Are there more reasons to worry now than back then?

He's known to have disliked how XF developed from a cult show to something more mainstream, and he still thinks the Lone Gunmen never died. So how would he have seen the X-Files and the Lone Gunmen ending?

I second the comics question!

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

Awesome Mark, well done!

My question for Dean:

Thanks for brining to life such an amazing character!

My favourite episode of Lone Gunmen was the one concerning the search for a water powered car, the conspiracy theory being that the oil companies/governments had involvement.

Did you like the premise of this episode and if one day a commercially available water powered car was invented, how do you think our world would change in terms of impact and how do you think the oil companies would react?