Bring Me The Head Of Lance Henriksen

Rate this topic

Guest Kudzu1977

Fascinating. It would seem that they need to raise $20,000 for the film to be viable and they only have forty one days to reach the target and the current amount raised is $155. On that note I'm none too optimistic.

I wonder if Lance is aware that he has been cited as making an appearance in the film? It wouldn't be the first time (TBK anyone) that his name has been used despite him turning down an offer.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am definitely going to watch what happens over the next 41 days.

Eth

Well...I remember Tim Thomerson and Lance exchanging contact information (at least I think they were doing that) at the Chicago Flashback Weekend 2009...so who knows...that is...if they even have Tim attached...

Guest Ebdim9th

My computer is old and wouldnt really play it... it was about agism in hollywood, i could read that much.. i can see how they might do the movie without Lance. He might agree to a cameo or something, but he's mainly a symbol of exception to the/proving the rule....

I certainly get the feeling that this is a semi-autobiographical piece born out of Tim Thomerson's frustrations with regards to the lack of parts for actors in his age rage. The blurb cheekily asserts that all such roles go to Lance Henriksen so I expect Lance will have something of a comedic cameo in this film should it raise the necessary funds.

Eth

Guest teedub

Reminds me if "Being John Malkovich." :-) A movie that was likely written without knowing if Malkovich would agree to be in it. That's my assumption, anyway.

Guest WaveCrest

teedub, you mentioning the film Being John Malkovich just gave me a brainwave, one of those "why hasn't someone seen this idea for a new movie? It sounds like a surefire cool indie film" thoughts. Going into the head/mind of Lance Henriksen. :smokin:

It is a cool idea and I hope it goes ahead I really do. It would be a lovely tribute to Lance Henriksen to have a film named after him no matter how big or small the film is.

Still only on $155 folks with just 37 days to go. I do hope they make it.

Eth