Bring Me The Head Of Lance Henriksen

Rate this topic

Guest Kudzu1977

Oh I'm glad you brought up Ambush. Do you know what the current status of the movie is? I know Lance seemed rather excited about this release back in May of this year when he stated in an interview that....

Gilles Nuytens: What are your upcoming movies you’re the most excited about?

Lance Henriksen: I have Wilderness, Good Day for It, which I did with Robert Patrick, Robert Englund, Kathy Baker, Christian Kane and Hal Holbrook, Beautiful Wave, which is a surf movie, and Ambush, which I’m most excited about.

...and the creative team behind the project were touting it as 'soon to be released' in their press releases but I was under the impression it hadn't even been filmed or financed like you mention above. I'm having trouble finding anything much at all about the latest developments of this film so anything you know would be much appreciated.

I know more and more independent film-makers are turning to financing their movies in this fashion but it must a real headache sorting through the legal side of things. If so many people are financing the film without any say in the direction of the project and with no share of the takings there must have to be a lot of small print I would have thought.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

My latest information is from an interview, Lance gave to a German movie-magazine, when he was in Brussels (May, 10th).

He said that he's going to shoot the trailer for an important scene in Ambush the following Wednesday. He also said that the director is financing the shoot with his own money in order to get a funding for the movie.

Lance again stated out that he is very excited about the project and that the scene involves a bullet flying in/through his ear!

Sounds crazy but awesome! I really hope that this movie gets green light too.

Guest teedub

At the Frightmare Q&A session (May 2) Lance spoke about the basic plot of Ambush. I thought he had already filmed the movie because he was talking about the makeup and how he had never looked like that before. Maybe I was reading too much into it and he had only shot a few scenes?? He said he was trying to talk the director into calling the movie Hookworm instead, and that we should be on the lookout for either title (Ambush or Hookworm).

Guest Sidewinder

At the Frightmare Q&A session (May 2) Lance spoke about the basic plot of Ambush. I thought he had already filmed the movie because he was talking about the makeup and how he had never looked like that before. Maybe I was reading too much into it and he had only shot a few scenes?? He said he was trying to talk the director into calling the movie Hookworm instead, and that we should be on the lookout for either title (Ambush or Hookworm).

In the mentioned interview he said that he did a make-up-test prior to the trailer-shoot and that they made a modell of his head (for the ear-shooting-scene I suppose).

Do you remember some details about the plot of Ambush / Hookworm? I couldn't find any information about it at all.

Guest teedub

A homeless man is killed by a gang of thugs (they set him on fire). Lance's character (a rich man) is so incensed by the crime that he devises a plot for revenge. He goes to the same area of town dressed as a homeless man and cashes a $1500 check (the bait). He lures the gang to an abandoned building, and without any weapons he kills them all one by one. He's had the building set up with cameras and in watching the playback, he realizes some unknown person was there with a camera recording the entire event.

Lance said that was the beginning of the movie.

Thank you so much for the additional information folks. This sounds like a really intriguing idea. It has some echoes of "Bone Dry" in that that was a movie in which Lance lay in wait and exacted revenge for a crime. Here's hoping "Ambush" is half as superb as "Bone Dry" is and we can look forward to a great film. I can't find an IMDB page for this film nor a website at present so if you guys come across anything please do share.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

That information posted above about Ambush/Hookworm sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing it Sidewinder, Teedub. :thumbsup:

Check out the mockumentary website folks as there has been a much more substantial write up of the film posted there. That really should have been in place from the very beginning as it is so much detailed and well constructed than what proceeded it. Such a shame it was included with less a week to go.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Check out the mockumentary website folks as there has been a much more substantial write up of the film posted there. That really should have been in place from the very beginning as it is so much detailed and well constructed than what proceeded it. Such a shame it was included with less a week to go.

Eth

Sorry, I can't see any new information. What exactly do you mean? The information underneath the headline "About this project"? That was there for a longer time.

Anyway; do you thought about pledging as well? I still think about it. But honestly; I've no experience with stuff like that.

Have I been reading this on another website I wonder? The proposal that I read about the film was certainly less detailed, and image-free, than the one in the link. I'll put it down to age you know. It must be my addled memory. :whistling:

I'm not going to donate to be honest. Like you, I have absolutely know idea about how these things work and I'm not sure I could donate anything of any real merit anyway. That said, there's every chance a sizeable donation could appear in the next few days. The chaps involved could be playing things close to their chests but as things stands at the moment I'm not all that optimistic of this going ahead.

I hope I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. See about for details.

Eth