Bring Me The Head Of Lance Henriksen

Rate this topic

Guest Kudzu1977

Guest Sidewinder

I agree on absolutely every word.

A little bit off topic: is there any news about the convention DVD-set you ordered? I'm wondering if that set is code free, because if it's a code 1 DVD I can't play it on my (code 2) player.

Guest Sidewinder

It's over now. And what's next? Any perspective for the movie at all? Or will it be just another movie stuck in production hell? It would be interesting to get a statement from Michael Worth.

As I feared. It was a long, long way off its goal and didn't receive any interest beyond the initial donations so it never really stood a chance. I wonder if there will be a statement of 'what next' at the website maybe? I am sure those involved had a contingency plan for an outcome such as this. When this was announced on Michael Worth's blog on the 28th June, it was announced the the figure needed to was to help partially finance the project which suggests to me that they have some money raised already.

We shall see I guess but I suppose the fat lady has sung and it really is over.

Eth

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did a little asking around on this as I was curious as to what the next step would be and it would seem it isn't over till the fat lady sings. There is an alternate way for those involved to raise the money needed so, as we suspected, they did have a back-up plan from the off. Interestingly I learned that Lance was impressed enough with the concept to want to increase his role in it which is a positive sign that the material is top-notch.

So I guess we don't write this off just yet and sit back and wait for more news. As far as I can tell this is still very much in development.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Great news, Eth, thanks for sharing. I really hope they get it made as it sounds really cool. And wouldn't it be great to have a movie with Lance' name in the title?

Guest Ebdim9th

Yeah, i thought that fund drive was a rather perilous shoe-string way to gaurantee the movie..... glad to hear there was more going on with that....

I just don't understand how these things work. If the money had been raised via donations from others surely there's a risk that people will expect some degree of creative control of the final product and, more importantly, some degree of the takings. It seems like a potential mine-field to me.

Eth

Guest teedub

I just don't understand how these things work. If the money had been raised via donations from others surely there's a risk that people will expect some degree of creative control of the final product and, more importantly, some degree of the takings. It seems like a potential mine-field to me.

Eth

The webpage indicated what you get for each level of donation. But I can't imagine each donor not getting some kind of contract to sign somewhere along the line. (Yes, I used to work for lawyers. :rolleyes: )

• 3 months later...

Well, well, well. It would seem this project is going for a second try but this time with a vastly reduced sum to raise. I guess the info we got was correct that those involved had secured so much of the money for donors and now they can push again to get the total fee raised. Now running this over the Christmas season seems like a big mistake to me. People are spending enough money as it is without having a lot to spare for projects like this. It would have been better to have run it in the new year, maybe spring when finances were not hurting from the after effects of the festive season.

Oh well, I wish them all the best and hope they crack it this time.

Eth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1650416037/join-the-head-hunt-bring-me-the-head-of-lance-henr