Provenance And Providence

Rate this topic

I'm sure I am committing a faux pas by replying to my own message but something occurred to me with regards to my musings that the Hybridization Programme did indeed evolve to become the Super Soldier Project.

In "Essence", Scully's hired helper is revealed to be an insider with less than altruistic intentions. Once it is discovered that she isn't Mary Poppins she gives the following account of the motives for her actions.

LIZZIE GILL:

For the past ten years I've been working as a research scientist trying to produce human clones -- long before the media circus with sheep and cows. The work was painstaking, largely unsuccessful but there was a lot of interest and a lot of money.

MULDER:

Money from who?

LIZZIE GILL:

Orders came from government men. But they're all dead now.

MULDER:

But the work continued.

LIZZIE GILL:

We were surprisingly successful with a clone from a human egg and alien DNA. DNA that the government had since 1947.

SKINNER:

What do you mean by success?

LIZZIE GILL:

Alien babies. Birthed by human mothers desperate to conceive. They didn't live more than a couple of days, but tissue and stem cells is what we were after for other experiments.

(Mulder briefly rubs his temples.)

MULDER:

What other experiments?

LIZZIE GILL:

I don't know anything about that. But I know it was something good.

I'm wondering if this supports my belief that what was a Syndicate related project did indeed change and became involved in 'other experiments' namely the SS project. It could be that the drugs Lizzy gave to Scully contained Chloromaine, the vehicle by which the organic SS's were created. Lizzy evidently doesn't know the details of the 'other experiments' but that ties in with my belief that the Colonists infiltrated the hybridization program and manipulated it covertly.

Hmmm, I still think I need to think this over a bit more but it's fun doing so.

Eth