Ten Thirteen Interviews Database

Rate this topic

chaostheory_1013.jpg

Fellow Millennium fans,

Today EatTheCorn.com is launching a pet project of mine, one that I hope will be useful for all of you Millennium and 1013 fans out there: the Ten Thirteen Interviews Database!

Simply put, the ultimate goal of this site is to archive each and every one of the interviews with Ten Thirteen cast and crew. It launches today with no less than 306 interviews archived! And for this initial batch of material I owe a huge thank you to TIWWA's own Libby, who very generously provided nearly all of those! :thumbsup:

This project was born out of the will to archive interviews before they are lost with the passage of time (this seems like an obsession with me!), and to provide access to this material to everyone, since sold out magazines or old interviews now offline are today inaccessible to the larger public. Also, this site aims to gather into a single reference site material that is readily available elsewhere but is dispersed across a thousand sites.

There's still a lot to do and this project will remain a work in progress. There's also currently much more X-Files material than Millennium material, but this is bound to change. I have a lot of ground to cover yet to exhaust possible interview sources I can find -- but I also hope it will be a collaborative project for the entire Ten Thirteen fandom. TIWWA has a long history of intelligent and resourceful fans, and Libby and Eth are again proving this to be the truth with their assitance.

So drop by and have a read! The project is open to contributions from anyone, and thanks to the wonders of the internet I hope that all together we can build a definitive archival site for posterity.

• Like 2

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on this wonderful project and to express my gratitude to you, as a fan, for providing this for us.

I know part of what inspired Matt Allair to contemplate The Syndicate Project was a realisation that so much of our history is being lost as websites cease to exist that once housed content for fans. No doubt, some of these interviews are not readily available to us any more and, more importantly, spread across the length the breadth of the internet required tedious minutes of googling to uncover them.

Bringing them together and archiving them for prosperity is a way of preserving the heritage of Ten Thirteen in the words of the people themselves. I think it is a wonderful idea. When Chrisnu created a wonderful archive of XF and MM screenshots I bet he did not antipate how valuable a tool this would be to the fans who must access his website each and every week.

I am sure this will prove to be the case for this venture.

I hope everyone will support and applaud you but, more importantly, make good use of the resource.

Consider it bookmarked.

Eth

EDIT: I am looking through it all now. This is absolutely superb. :notworthy:

EDIT 2: I have taken the liberty of adding this to the Links Manager here at TIWWA and I have Facebooked it (is that a word) for what it's worth.

• Like 1

Glad you like his work Darlene. It really should be applauded by each and every one of us with regards to someone taking the time to ensure that the 1013 heritage is not lost and I know you will all join me in thanking Libby as well as I know she has been invaluable in assisting Oro in this project. Both of them deserve our thanks and gratitude.

Show some support people. Lend your passion to the project and spread the word be it on your Facebook profiles or in your email signatures and be sure to post something here to demonstrate your appreciation of the hard work that has gone into such a superb endeavour.

"He Made This!", let's thank him for that. :clapping:

Eth

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

That is excellent, Oro. clapping.gif

And to be honest, it's a bit of a relief for me that those articles are available other than on my website, and organised in a much better and more attractive way. I've been trying (!) to sort out my computer here, because I'm running out of space yet again, and it'll be so much easier for me to send any other articles/interviews I find to you.

Thanks very much for setting up your database. I see you've had quite a few happy responses at the Haven.

Guest WaveCrest

I've just had a quick look at the Ten Thirteen Interviews website. There are some interviews on that website!

It's brilliant isn't it. I've spent many a happy minute these last few days just browsing. It really is one of those 'how on earth did we do without something like this' ideas isn't it.

I had a few nice comments about this when I mentioned it on my Facebook page. I am sure many people will come to use and enjoy it in the future.

A job well done.

Eth

Thank you for your truly generous and heartwarming feedback! :grouphug:

I've been horribly busy this week and haven't even had the time to reply here, let alone enrich the database -- but I'm very glad you're finding it a useful resource, and thanks again to Libby without whose input this project would have less content!

There's a lot of text there. Despite quickly reading through to identify interviewees and topics for tagging, I haven't read everything. I don't know how many hundreds of pages this would represent in printed form. But as you said, reading through gives an informed view of Ten Thirteen history, an insight behind story and filmmaking decisions, etc.

Once again, I'm open to adding new content, and to suggestions for improvement. For example, a voting system for pointing out which interviews are best might be nice. Looking at what Eth has been uploading these last few days here at TIWWA, transcribing these scanned images in text form would also be nice! (and painstaking...)

Yes of course I had that in mind, thanks! And the BTFB interviews as well.

Just to be clear, I don't mean to step on anybody's toes here. When the original interviews are still online, as is the case for several at TIWWA and BTFB, the link back will be included.