Chris Carter's "secrets"?

Rate this topic

Blackoil

Well how intriguing is this? I did a search via google for anything related to this that had been posted anywhere within the last twenty four hours and I could find anything beyond what was posted here. I expected a flurry of speculation but I expect it's taking people time to discover it is there.

Sadly, I don't have INDMPro but I don't mind a little waffle all the same. This is certainly in line with what John Muir gave in a reply to one of the comments at his blog about his interview with Chris Carter...

We didn't talk Fencewalker, alas, but we did talk about some current projects that are still hush-hush. I know we can expect more great things from Carter in the future...

...so this is isn't as out of the blue as it would seem. The only downside to IMDB is that it is akin to Wikipedia in that anyone can edit it. As you guys will all know a number of movies have had IMDB pages based on whispers behind scenes only to see them pulled when an official statement denies all knowledge of the project.

That said, if you guys any hear any rumbling from with the XF Communities you frequent would you drop by and share it with us all.

Nice find Juri.

Eth

PS I wonder how long it will take before someone speculates this is XF3?

• Elders (Moderators)

Well spotted, Juri. I don't have imdbpro either, unfortunately.

I look at the Haven on a daily basis because often people there pick up on news (though mostly related to XF/DD/GA) but there's nothing posted there as yet.

Nope. Can't find a thing anywhere which is no surprise really. CC is a master of secrecy. Oh for someone with an IMDBPro account.

I have sent out some emails to see what people know, if anything. :oneeyedwinK

Eth

A friend of mine has checked out the details at the IMDBPro page for us and this is what she has reported back.

IMDB pro says CC is a producer only and that there is a Feb. 2011 start date with filming in Santa Ynez.

My thanks to Jen for this info.

Interest point: "Flying Lessons" was shot entirely in the Santa Ynez Valley also.

Eth

I also managed to find the director by using Santa Ynez as a search time at IMDB

Secrets (2011)

Dir: Derek Magyar

Drama

Derek Magyar also directed "Flying Lessons" I believe as well as starring in "Fencewalker".

• Elders (Moderators)

CC does seem to be happy working in a support capacity - Flying Lessons, and now Secrets. There was a brief mention of him in the Montecito Journal back in March 2007, where Josh Conviser, who was executive consultant on HBO's "Rome", says that CC worked with him on his (Conviser's) book "Echelon". https://www.amazon.co...77315690&sr=1-1.

He also contributed a soundbite to Josh's book "Empyre" from what I can see over at Amazon.

"Imaginative and intuitive. . . Conviser mines and mints a non-stop stream of visual images."

CHRIS CARTER, creator of The X-Files

It does appear that Chris is enjoying dipping into projects and helping people he likes as and when the fancy takes him without wanting the limelight that he enjoyed/endured in the past. I know very few press releases for "Flying Lessons" mentioned his name despite him being the biggest name attached to the project. I rather get the feeling he is enjoying things as they are right now.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I read about this on Facebook earlier tonight. Any news about something Chris Carter is working on is good news!