Alien Dreaming: I Want To Believe

It is so refreshing to see an article online that heralds "XF: IWTB" as a masterpiece and this brand new article does much than that. It takes a speculative eye to some of the spiritual and metaphysical motifs in the narrative and whether you agree that the parallels are warranted or not it is a fantastic read.

All that being said, I think I Want to Believe is a flat-out masterpiece and is so densely packed with layers of meaning and subtext that I discover something new every time I watch it (and I've watched at least 40 times). Whether it's saying something people are ready to hear right now is another issue entirely. I will add that one of the reasons the film hit me so damn hard is that it's filled with truly startling personal synchronicities. But that, as they say, is a story for another day. Now, let's dive in...

Interested in what he has to say? Head on over to The Secret Sun for a truly enjoyable read.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WaveCrest

I will certainly have a look at this as I felt the criticism aimed at I Want to Believe was unfair.

What an awesome article, and it makes me want to see the movie again, which I will probably do real soon. Thanks for posting this Mark, it truly is an enjoyable read.

So very often people bash movies when they don't truly understand them, and here we have a perfect example of that with this one. It's designed more for the X-File fan then the general public. Go Chris Carter ! ! ! Now "BRING BACK FRANK BLACK." :ouroborous:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)