Did Mulder And Scully Also Run Into Lucy?

Rate this topic

Hi folks,

I had a brief glance at the X-Files Wiki with regards to SAC Fossa and I learnt that despite her name being known and the reason why it was chosen (I'm sure CC explained this somewhere) she was not credited in the closing titles of the film as anything other than Special Agent In Charge and, as we know, her name is never mentioned during the film. So she was given a surname as a deliberate nod to the character she played in another Ten Thirteen franchise as a wink-wink-nudge-nudge to the fans and it is never used or credited not once.

The whole SJR/IWTB question is utterly perplexing isn't it?

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

It creates an interesting discussion, of whether SJR will return in a third X Files film if it gets made. Interesting read above. *thumbs up*

She would certainly make a great female CSM. I could really see her character fleshed out to be an individual knee-deep in the machinations of the colonisation. Nobody plays nefarious and manipulative as Sarah-Jane Redmond when all is said and done. Come to think of it, Deep-Throat, CSM, X, The Well Manicured Man, The Toothpick Man, Kersh etc. etc. all those who straddled sides or were shadowy were male weren't they? Exception being Marita I guess but she was rendered fairly impotent as I recall. It would make a refreshing change to have a women on the wrong side of right.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I've had a look in my copy of the IWTB novelisation Mark, and can't see any dialogue from SJR's character. The scene in the film when Mulder and Scully are in the same room as SJR's character is around page 30 in the book.

Guest WaveCrest

She would certainly make a great female CSM. I could really see her character fleshed out to be an individual knee-deep in the machinations of the colonisation. Nobody plays nefarious and manipulative as Sarah-Jane Redmond when all is said and done.

Eth

When I read something like this it does make me want to believe that this is what was intended. If it wasn't, but is possible, my response would be the same. It would make a nice connection to Millennium if SJR's character in IWTB was really Lucy Butler in disguise. That would be highly unlikely though in my opinion. The more realistic theory (which I find thrilling) is her character being someone involved in the colonisation plan (the super soldier idea is great).

• 7 months later...

I just ran across this Season 5 episode as I was viewing my XFiles DVD's again. Very scary!

BTW, am I the only one who actually enjoyed the second X Files movie? I really enjoyed it... especially Scully's interactions with the former priest.

I just ran across this Season 5 episode as I was viewing my XFiles DVD's again. Very scary!

BTW, am I the only one who actually enjoyed the second X Files movie? I really enjoyed it... especially Scully's interactions with the former priest.

I have been a Star Trek fan for 25 years longer than I have been a (late) X Files fan, and I am proud to say that I will take X FIles 2, over that plot hole nightmare Star Trek Movie from 2008 any day! I would have gotten into X Files earlier, but I was "stuck" on Star Trek at that time. Oh well, live and learn, DVD collections rule!

X Files 2 was great, one of the best movies I have seen over the past few years. I loved the "Skinner to the rescue" part at the end!

Schizogeny is a very creepy episode, maybe the creepiest of season 5!

:rock2:

Wow, what an interesting thought. I didn't even realise she played a role in X Files. Haven't watched season 5 again since discovering Millennium. I'm currently trying to track down a collector's boxset for it, I only own upto 4 and I don't care for anything after season 5 in X Files. When I found it I'm looking forward to coming back to this thought whether it was an intended thought it was Lucy Butler or not. I would have seen the episode before, she just didn't have the same mythic significance that she does to me now :D

BillQS user_popup.png Yes Another one here too. I love X Files I want to Believe, I think what people are put off by ( at least in my opinion) is the greater narrative focus on Scully. That's what I love about it though.

I've had a look in my copy of the IWTB novelisation Mark, and can't see any dialogue from SJR's character. The scene in the film when Mulder and Scully are in the same room as SJR's character is around page 30 in the book.

I will have to watch the movie again, but I think all she did in the movie was answer the telephone for someone else. Those Canadian actors sure got their share of being in shows filmed in Vancouver. Job security!

I have an interesting tidbit of information, though. In The Back to Frank Black podcast with Sarah Jane Redmond, she talked about how the set they used for that telephone scene was also used for a production she was in that I didin't make it to a screen. She said something like she thought it was very wierd that she was in the same set for two different productions. She also had the same character name in the movie that she had in Harsh Realm.

:rock2:

• 1 year later...
Guest Ghostmojo

I think it is too easy to read stuff into these things.

I have complete series on DVD of: The X-Files (plus both films); Millennium; Harsh Realm; and The Lone Gunmen.

The one thing you start to notice after repeated viewings of all of them - which perhaps would not have been immediately apparent during their original TV run - is just how many guest actors appear across all four 10-13 shows - and how often they even appear within the same show playing different roles in different seasons.

It almost became a game in itself with me and my son as we watched them all ... wasn't he such and such in X-F season 2? And didn't he also appear in Mm ...? and so on.

This is not something that would have been an issue during the weekly television slots, when you have had plenty of time to forget people and faces. But if you ever watch them back-to-back in batches over a period of a few weeks say - you soon start to notice it. Take for example the guy who plays the Odessa group assassin. He appears a few episodes later (albeit in the next season) as a senior cop on one of the cases.

There were dozens and dozens of secondary and tertiary actors and actresses who kept cropping up throughout all the 10-13 shows. That's one of the problems of repeated viewings ... the limited pool of actors catches up with you. But I suppose you could credit 10-13 with being loyal to a bunch of working actors and keeping them in gainful employment.