Sign in to follow this  

Dreams & Visions...

There is no question that dreams and visions are an imporatant part of the MillenniuM universe.  I personally have always been fascinated by dreams - mine and those of others.  I have always had good dream recall, and have always dreampt in color.  Eventually, I began to keep a dream journal and experimented with lucid or conscious dream induction, and other forums of dream induction and exploration.  I recently started such dream journalling and explorations again (which has inspired a work of  MLM fan fiction that I will eventually be finishing and posting).

However, I just wanted to tell you folks about a dream I had in the early morning hours on Saturday (Dec 21, 2002).

My own dream character or ego (which I will refer to as "I") is in a large gymnasium-like auditorium.  There is a stage at the front of it, and many rows of chairs set up diagonally facing the stage.  About half or more the the chairs are filled with people.  There are people and other activities mulling about the back and sides of the auditorium.

Suddenly, I find myself caught up in a mob of people off to the side of the gym/auditorium.  They are pushing toward the front, and I am jostled about by their fervor and power.  I suddenly realize that it is a jubilance that modivates that mob, not anger or fear.  They are all quite ecstatic and excited!  I realized that we are all sort of carrying or dragging the main speaker for the event - sort of parading him to the stage like our "hero" or "star."  I then "remember" that this is a MillenniuM Fan Convention with Lance Henricksen as the featured speaker.  But we are all chanting "FRANK-FRANK-FRANK-FRANK..."

As we reach the front of the auditorium/gym the lights dim and color stage lights go on, as the MLM theme starts playing!

Then, I suddenly realize that I could meet some of the folks that are a part of this online fan community!  Excitedly, I begin scanning the crowd - first, looking for the members know as Se7en, and &One!  But then I remember that I have absolutely not idea what they look like.  So I start looking around, sort of using my intuition to guide me.  This brings my attention to a large, but scatter group of punk rockers toward the side and front of the rows of chairs!  Toward the back, I spot a man and a woman that I sense might be Se7en and &One!  But I am not certain.  So I run back stage to try to see them from a better angle (than from behind and to the side).  When I get back stage, I realize that I am missing out of the beginning of the First Annual MillenniuM Convention!!!  I start to make my way back out to the gym/auditorium...

Somewhere in there the dream trails off and I wake up from sleeping.

Let me tell you this:  whether this dream be wishful dream induction, inspiration, or prophecy... I would love to see this become a reality!  Such an idea had never occured to me before.  But let me tell you... my mind and heart have really latched on to this idea or possibility!

What to you folks think?  Would people be interested in creating such an event to be attended annually?  Do you think we could make this a reality?  Do you think it already is a reality, and we just have to put it in motion?  I would love to see this happen!

Of course, we could probably come up with something, perhaps, more... millenniumistic to call the event, than the First Annual MillenniuM Fan Convention...  perhaps The MillenniuM Group Annual Session... or ... The Community of MillenniuM Enthusiasts Annual Gathering...

Anyway, what do you all think of this whole thing?

Positively Upeat Vibes,

Scott

Wow... how awesome would that be?  It'd be great to have something like that, possibly sometime in the summer.  Get together, just to watch the show and maybe do some trivia, if nothing else.  Hopefully before too long, I'll get my driver's license (turning 20 in 3 days, and I still haven't even learned to drive), and then I can actually *do* things.  I've never met someone before who had anything above a normal TV viewer's liking of MM (the "I like it, but I don't have to see every episode and I don't have to talk to anyone about it" factor), and it would be really cool to meet people who did, and even more so, to meet you folks!  I think it should definitely be considered... hey, they had a Lone Gunmen fan gathering, why not MM?

A Millennium fan gathering would be interesting, but there would probably be  abetter chance of it if Millenium, X-Files, Lone Gunmen, and Harsh Realm were combined into one big convention.   yes I have seen every Millenium episode and taped everyone, taped over one twice, and recently lost 13 episodes to a mishap out of my control.   I actually had to watch Midnight of the Century today.  Have a better one.

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

:ouro:  :santa:  :ouro:

.......Pssst,scott,we were the punk-rockers!!! :p       seriously though,a MM would kick-ass. a MM-convention would be even better. i've often fantasized about that one. oh,how i'd love to ohave as one of the featured guests the great thomas j. wright :love:   it would be heaven hearing him discuss the directing of MM.         i'm an antisocial person in my non-digital life and hence avoid large gatherings like the plague but a convention i would go to in a heartbeat. -(its not that i  hate people in genreral,i just don't like them or trust them very much :angryred:  though the quality of people  here in the northeast kingdom of vermont are slowly having an affect on me,and of course i love most MM-fans if for nothing else than thier excellent taste :D ).    ~if ever a convention arrives,or i can participate in trying to make one happen? COUNT ME IN!!!

~HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVRYONE!!!

~DAVE :ouro:  :santa:

P.S.-GRAHAM.........".IT" REALLY JUST MIGHT HAPPEN! EVEN I'M SURPRISED!

Only problem with that is that we'd get a ton of people who only liked X-Files and had never watched any of the other shows.  While I personally saw and loved all of them, there were a lot of people who didn't care about anything except XF and, within that, who didn't even like all of it and all of those people who stopped watching because David left or things like that.  I think it'd be better to keep it smaller than that.  I think MM could more than justify its own convention, even if the only people there were us wackos.  Think about it... we could have it in Vancouver or Seattle... go visit the big yellow house... hey, who knows, if we make some phone calls, maybe we can have an audience with some of the Big Kahunas from behind the screen!  Wouldn't THAT be cool?  I think we could do it, if we put our heads together.  We surely have at least one brain, between all of us...

Another option is have Millenium be part of a cult TV convention which would also focus on shows like Forever Knight, the Others, 7 Days, The Invisible Man, Firefly, and so on.

:ouro:  :santa:  :ouro:

.ah c'mon,lets not leave out "brimstone" and "highlander" now!-(oh,wait...i think highlander already has fan conventions now that i think about it) :blues:     ~that would be fun actually,to go to something like that. i still crave a MM-"only"-convention though. ah.a guy can dream,eh?  

~DAVE :ouro:  :santa:

I would favor a MLM-ONLY convention/gathering.  Even if it just a smaller group or size.  And even if the first one or couple of them involved no speakers, etc... even if we all just booked rooms at the same hotel or hotels in the same area, and rented a suite to watch the show together (hopefully with a big screen TV!!!).  Kind of have like a marathon, etc.  But I really believe it has the potential to grow into something much bigger, more organized, and having featured guests, etc.

Besides, the dream-prophecy involved a strickly MLM Fan Convention!  We must fulfil the prophecy!   :laugh:

Tidings of Upbeatness and Joy,

Scott

Indeed, Second Comming, indeed.

I really think it will happen, really, I think it is a done deal.  We just have to show up... now, I don't know where or when, but we will show up.

Things and plans and actions will take place.  It's just a matter of who and what.

Tenative things have already taken shape.  And ideas are turning in peoples heads.

Sure, there will be a time for action.  But the time is not now,  "... it is still late at night."  Now IS a time for ideas and enthusiasm and even the most outlandish suggestions.

It will happen.  It already has.  That's how I sense it.  

"Don't believe in all I said I saw/

It's just that I have not been wrong before/..."

-Joseph in

Joseph & the Amazing

Technicolor Dreamcoat

Truly Upbeatness and enthusiams to you,

:ouro: Scott

who is just way over the top, perhaps spending too much time on the Onan-o-graph, and...yes... who did just quote a song from Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat!