Press Release: Millennium Season Two

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Libby,

Don't worry I'm not daft! Well not allways!

I've been fortunate to build up a relationship with Fox's Millennium Product Manager who is overseeing the release of the series in the UK and I communicate under the auspice of Millennium Desktop UK although they are quite aware of TIWWA too. Some information is marked not for public release and this has always been respected.

I can tell you that Fox UK are very supportive of the fan community and the relationship seems to have changed for the better in this respect compared to the stand off between Fox US and fan websites of many years ago. I wouldn't attempt to undermine this or put it at risk. As an example, this is one of the reasons why TIWWA's Staff had agreed a more professional approach when it comes to non-official releases of the show.

As for the widescreen issue, I'm really excited about the show getting a widescreen release although I can understand for some its not a priority! :ouro:

Guest Regan MacNeil

Is there anyway to know what ratio the US Millennium releases will be? I remember hearing that Harsh Realm was going to be widescreen in the UK and full screen in the US. :down:

Guest WaveCrest

The Old Man - This is great news! I thought for a second they were going to say it would be in fullscreen which is what Season 2 wasn't filmed in.

Guest Demolition Man
Is there anyway to know what ratio the US Millennium releases will be? I remember hearing that Harsh Realm was going to be widescreen in the UK and full screen in the US.  :down:

WWWHHHAAATTT?????????

Once again us American's get screwed on getting a proper Widescreen release. :cry::angry::angry_steaming_big::puke:

Guest Demolition Man

Not really, those of us in America still have to since for all we know they'll throw us the 1.33:1 version over here. :angry_steaming_big:

Well the Harsh Realm R1 full screen thing was just a mistake. Here's a couple of reviews which state that:

https://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=11954

https://www.digitallyobsessed.com/showreview.php3?ID=6300

It wouldn't make any sense to release them in different aspect ratios. At least with The X-Files the releases use the same transfer, the image is just blown up a bit for the higher PAL resolution (TV system in Europe).

Edited by OS_

Guest Demolition Man

Thank you, I feel much better now knowing that despite what the packaging says it is in its OAR. You just made my day with that. :thumbsup_big:

This may sound like a silly question but season 2 comes out in the UK next month right? Well can I still order it from Amazon and have it shipped to me here in the US?