Dead Letters

Rate this topic

...and I beg the forgiveness of the powers that be if this has asked before, but I'm gonna ask it anyway. If it has been, just point me to the thread in question and I'll read on.

I actually paid attention to the beginning of Dead Letters- where Jordan has the nightmare involving Pennywise (I know its not him, but geeze, he's scary enough to be his twin). What is that dream supposed to represent- especially Frank walking down the never ending circular red staircase?

Oh, did anyone catch the reflection of Jim (well, his watch I think) in glass during the conversation he has with Frank regarding whether or not the Group should put him on the case? Originally I thought it was the person sitting all the way in the back, or smoke from Frank's coffee, but it reflects whenever he moves... Or maybe I'm getting old in my young age and seeing things...

Yeah, I've always wondered the same thing. (about the dream)

So I'm watching Millennium for the first time. And it blew my mind, looking this episode up on Google, that something I thought was obvious when I watched it doesn't seem to be the common interpretation. The Onion AV Club retrospective doesn't mention it, and neither do any of the episode guides I've found. Then again, being new to the show, maybe people hashed this all out years ago?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Jim Horn is a copycat killer, and that Frank never picks up on it, and Horn gets away with it scott free.

* The first murder Frank investigates, at the dog pound, has no message left on the body, even though all the others do. He assumes he'll find one, but it never turns up. And then the next victim turns up, with the second part of a message - as if the killer skipped over the one at the dog pound. There's even a whole conversation at the beginning about how the other Millennium Group profilers don't think this was the same killer.

* The killer has a scrapbook of all of his victims. The camera very clearly shows him page through it - it has all the victims except the dog catcher.

* Horn's initial profile is of himself, not the killer. He also tells Frank gray hairs were found at the crime scene. The killer doesn't have gray hairs, but Buddy Cop does.

Honestly, I was all "man this is so obvious" until the end of the episode came and the dude totally got away with it.

Ok.....finally.....FINALLY...... If this has been brought up here before and Iv'e missed it or forgotten it during my exile I appologize, but OMG..... When I watched Dead Letters for the first time, I was SURE Jim Horne was either the killer, or a copycat..... like in X Files "Grotesque". Why in the world was this never dealt with? I was never sure if they meant to say that he WAS a killer and got away with it, or if I was totally off-base with my interpretation!

Oh holy crap!!!! Were you thinking that, too!!!!!!! WOW!!!! All these years, these are 2 of the silly little ideas I had in my head about certain episodes that I always just thought...... "Ehhhh....... I'm just over-thinking things. I'm trying to see some sub-plot there that isn't really there." This is so validating! LOL! Thanks!!!!! :whistling::notworthy:

Oh holy crap!!!! Were you thinking that, too!!!!!!! WOW!!!! All these years, these are 2 of the silly little ideas I had in my head about certain episodes that I always just thought...... "Ehhhh....... I'm just over-thinking things. I'm trying to see some sub-plot there that isn't really there." This is so validating! LOL! Thanks!!!!! :whistling::notworthy:

If you have to overthink about something, make it Millennium!

:rock2:

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

James Morrison (Jim Horn in Dead Letters) is now a guest star on "Revenge." He is also a great musician in a band and they are playing at a place called "WSitZend," on Lincoln Blvd. in Venice, CA. I am proud to say he had become a friend and wish I could go hear the band play. It's a long drive from Oklahoma.

Here's the link to the advertising page. I was bummed out that they didn't mention MLM in his credits. Oh well.

https://witzend.tunestub.com/artist.cfm?id=11210

Millennnium seems to have a variety of straightforward "whodunnits" and also have those roller coaster rides where you don't know who the killer is until he (of she) puts the knife in your back. I'm sure other crime dramas do the same thing, but my head is in Millennium.

rock2.gif

Yes, there are a lot of other very good shows out in TV Land, but nothing so far has been as good as Millennium. Guess that's why so many of us are still big fans, here and a lot on Facebook. I for one prefer here because I find it more intimate.

James Morrison also has an album out now called, "Son to the Boy." Here's the link to his page.

https://www.jpmorrison.com/