Was Peter A Legion?

Rate this topic

Guest evil

Guest evil

I often thought that in season three, there seemed to be too much of a drastic change in Peter's peronality. You see in season two when Frank left the group, my theory, and probably some of you thought that

the evil that Frank was fighting, took over the group in season three or maybe also part of season two.So you have basically two evil groups, one is humanity and the other is supernatural. But as I said before, the supernatural element was stronger and took over the group. The Legion could morph into anything ot anyone. Logically it would

become Peter, the only link between Frank and the group. Somehow the real Peter was maybe not ware that there was this evil double floating around. This would also explain the shift of personalities and why he was hanging out with Mabius. anyway a theory, anyone care

to comment?

Edited by evil

Peter did change in Season three, he seemed to be even more serious about everything. I believe Peter was being pulled in by the dark side, but he wasn't possessed, he still had the ability to choose.:ouroborous:

Guest evil

Peter did change in Season three, he seemed to be even more serious about everything. I believe Peter was being pulled in by the dark side, but he wasn't possessed, he still had the ability to choose.:ouroborous:

From season one, it seemed to me Peter was a man of ethics, in season two, he seemed confused but still a good person,in three, he was helping the group to murder people and seemed bent on being evil.

That's the way it seemed, each season he was different. But I'm betting Peter always had his own agenda, and was going with the flow in season three, or on a different thought, he was extremely pressured from the group and had no choice. Maybe even Mabius had a separate agenda from the group. Oh how I would love to know.

Guest evil

That's the way it seemed, each season he was different. But I'm betting Peter always had his own agenda, and was going with the flow in season three, or on a different thought, he was extremely pressured from the group and had no choice. Maybe even Mabius had a separate agenda from the group. Oh how I would love to know.

but you see, in antipas, Frank had a double, emma had a double in seven and one. I feel the group got corrupted by the evil and it took over the group, Peter was just another take over, mabius is a legion and has come control over the group, it makes sense.

the show is about good vs. evil and evil will do anything in it's power to take over,

• 2 weeks later...

That's an intersting perspective on influence, specificlly in this case, the influence of evil. Even in the real world, it most always is a question as to how much a person is being influenced by something. "Worship" does not necessarily have to be part of an organized religion! In the "Hollywood" sense, an evil influence may be more pronounced, with things like heads like heads spinning 360 degrees, or to be more Millenniumistic, a demon-Lucy-guy coming down the steps to kill you! But there are aspects of evil that are much more subtle.....

In episodes like The Well Worn Lock, we don't need Lucy Butler coming down the steps in a thunder storm to see the influence of evil. It's there as plain as day! For me, one of the things that makes Millennium great is that they also make the point of acknowledging the nature of evil without the demonic pomp and circumstance.

Characters in Millennium seem to have varying degrees of influence, or evil influence, depending on your belief or philospohy of good and evil. The show does not come out and say it, but the Millennium Group appeared to have an increasing level of evil influence and control which can be followed through the show.

I my opinion, I think that Peter was not under the influence or control of evil as much as the Judge, Pepper, or Mr Green were. However, if I mesh this idea with what is presented about evil in "Somehow Satan," then maybe the influence on Peter could have been greater, or maybe there could have been redemption in a fourth season...

:rock2:

What an intriguing idea. I am sure the inference is that Peter became corrupt, no doubt about it but I was of the impression that he is corruption is a commentray on the human condition rather than anything supernatural. If you think back to season two, one of the arcs of that season was to show how three very different characters would resond to the temptation of the secrets the Millennium Group were in possesion of. The further the characters penetrated into the inner sanctum of the group the more they were tempted to sacrifice more of themselves in exchange for gnosis. The price that Lara pays for this search for gnosis is with her sanity, with Frank it is his family and with Peter it is his humanity. If you fast forward to "Bardo Thodol" Frank asserts that Peter is not beyond redemption despite Emma's proclamations to the contrary and let's face it, if Peter had been infected with Legion's heart of darkness then Frank would certainly have known about it and dealt with Peter differently than he does during the third season. There's no doubt about it that Frank and Peter's relationship has changed irrevocably but there are moments where he associates with, even defends, Peter due in no small part to his belief that Peter isn't all bad.

Eth

You see, my friends, sorry if I'm repeating myself, I'm actually talking evil double, meaning that there is an evil Peter waking about, as I said before there was a double of hollis in "seven and one", a Frank one in "Antipas". Obviously it's able to change and disguise itself much better in the third season, it's almost like frank can't detect where a Legion is anymore.

It's obvious, he couldn't detect that Mabius was a Legion. The evil seems like it was getting stronger and Frank was getting a little weaker.

To me, Peter was way out of character in "skulls and bones", he was completely evil in that one. It's a theory that I have in terms of where the show was heading. Suppose that dead Peter in the last episode was a dead evil Peter, you never know.......:oneeyedwinK

Edited by evil

I'm still plumping for the not-double option but the joy of being a Millennium fan is that you can establish your own canon and define the ambiguities yourself. With an issue such as this where there is no compelling evidence to suggest that Peter was a Legion doppelganger you can opt to make that a truth if you wish as there is no damning evidence to suggest that he wasn't either. I am sure that many of us here believe a version of events about certain episodes and characters that is in direct contrast to what others believe, the narrative allows you the space to believe your own truths.

That said, Peter is wildly off the mark in "Skull and Bones", on that point I completely agree with you. Chip Johannessen himself credits that episode with being the moment the creative team decided to make Peter overtly evil. Just in case we, as an audience, were unable to grasp subtleties this was done in such an over the top way that it ranks as a great episode but one in which Watts' characterisation goes to the wall IMHO. In one episode he moves from being a conflicted, shadowy soul but ultimately one with a very accessible moral code to Leatherface from A Texas Chainsaw Massacre. OK, that example is a little OTT but I still recall the utter disbelief I experienced when Peter is glowing with pride at his little charnel house where the executed were brought to have the flesh shorn from their bones. I know Peter was a little misguided but I never him down as The Butcher of Bergen-Belsen.

Eth

Eth. you sure said it there. This show does leave it to your own interpretations since I feel the writers really don't know themselves LOL! Not that it's really bad because it let's your imagination go wild with it. The show has never been full explained of course. The fans were left in the dust. I thought the last few episodes should of been more about the evil itself since it was it's last time. We know the group has gone bad and probably because of the evil infection but this just made it more confusing. The producers, Carter, all knew way down inside that this show was leaving the airwaves, the ratings were just falling, which I still don't understand, but give the fans something to hold on!........ I like the third season. there were some episodes I didn't like, but overall, interesting! I'm not a big fan of Hollis but that's another story. She needed a little more personality...

..... I wanted Mrs. Means back!

:angryred:

Anyway, I hope there is some kind of movie or novelization by Carter, since it was his original vision and clean it up somewhat.:cool: