What is the Scariest Movie Ever Made?

Found this poll with 10 choices for the scariest movie ever made. I bet we could come up with a better one. I have no clue how to do a poll and fixin' to learn for next time. In the meantime, go to filmjunk and place your vote for 1 of these 10. My vote came in 2nd and I'm somewhat surprised to see which one is in first place.

Scariest Movie Ever Made

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

voted for The Exorcist. :ghost2: I also thought The Amityville Horror was pretty scary too.

Spooky Laura :)

You have to remember, scary movies today just ain't what they used to be. I kinda wished the original House on Haunted Hill was on there- black and white, Vincent Price, and just jumpiness abound.

whoami.gif

image,Peter-spc-Watts,white,black.png

I am growing

And I am growing anxious

And I am growing weary

And I am growing closer

And I am growing up

And I am growing impatient

And I am growing leery

And I am growing wise

And I am growing less

And less

• 3 weeks later...

I went with The Exorcist. I do have a hard time watching slasher films but not because they actually scare me.To me the scariest movies have a sense mystery or the unknown to them. House on Haunted Hill was a good one.

I voted The Exorcist as well folks. It's an absolute no-brainer. In terms of the fear factor it is an absolute masterclass in how to provide the audience with one hell of a chilling and uncomfortable ride and I genuinely cannot think of anything that's close to being it's equal. Some films may be gorier, grosser, sicker, darker and so but that doesn't necessarily equate with a genuine fear response from the audience. In fact, to much of a good thing can absolutely ruin a well intentioned attempt to scare on occasion.

How on earth did The Amityville Horror not make it to the list? It is a damn sight more unnerving, in my humble opinion, than the remake of The Ring for example which wasn't anywhere near as good as the original version never mind as scary.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Mark we are one brain. LOL I voted for Exorcist and thought where the hell is Amityville??? That scared me to death when i was little. lol :)

Laura :)

"The Fly" is a great film. One of only a handful of examples, in my opinion, of when a remake is better than the original. "The Fly II" commits all sorts of travesties to be honest though. I don't enjoy that film at all. It's interesting that there is a single example of international horror on the list. Not a single Dario Argento, no "Cannibal Holocaust", no Takashi Miike. nothing from France....I can think of a handful of films from those directors or regions that are far scarier than anything on the list.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png