X-Files Locations Article

Rate this topic

Dear friends,

Matt brought this to my attention very shortly prior to my PC joining the great PC graveyard in the sky and I was unable to bring it your attention. Hopefully you will have found it of your own accord but if you missed out then I hope you'll check it out today. It's an article written by one of the Lexicon contributors and it takes a look at some of the locations used in the X-Files. Who knows, maybe you'll be bitten by the wanderlust and will check them our yourselves in person if you live nearby. Head on over here to have a look folks and don't forget to let Matt know what you thought in the process.

Eth

• Like 1

I so enjoyed seeing the places they filmed but most often it didn't say where it was, you know city and state. Oh well, don't we also have this information on the left hand side of each episode in the guide? :ouroborous:

• 2 months later...

Hi Matt,

Thank you so much for bringing this second part of this to our attention. It has been very enjoyable to read this and to see the considerable amount of work that has gone into it. Darlene I must have missed you post for forgive me for not getting back to you. What guide are you referring to? These are locations from the X-Files so if you're thinking of the guide at M-TIWWA then it doesn't have any information on the X-Files locations at all. As far as I know, the locations given for the Millennium episodes are mostly those given by the script and not the actual locations they episodes were filmed in. Hope that's of some help.

I had hoped to do something similar for Millennium and was lucky enough to contact two location managers from the show who were willing to assist but alas, neither had stored this information when they went back into their own archives. Sadly, all we know is what the fans can tell us so guides like these really are invaluable given that so much information is being lost to us these days. :notworthy:

Eth

• 1 month later...

Cool website! I believe there was a group member here who did a X-Files/Millennium Vancouver tour and posted the pics on this website. I had mentioned a few months back on a different thread, a book called "X Marks the Spot," written by Louisa Gradnitzer and Todd Pittson, who were location managers for the first five years of the show. It tells, where appropriate, where each episode was filmed and has a map of the Vancouver area with some of the major shooting locations. It has lots of neat behind the scenes stuff about some of the locations they used for places like Mulders's office.

Thanks for contacting the Millennium location managers to try to get the information, Eth. It would have been more cool information to have. Fortunately, many of the major shooting locations were also used by the X Files crew, not to mention, Stargate SG-1, Harsh Realm, Battlestar Galactica, Andromeda, and other shows.

:rock2: