Up Close With David Duchovny

Rate this topic

What does Hank have in common with Fox Mulder?

"I guess that they both want to know the truth and they both speak the truth."

A new interview with Sir David of Duchovny folks. It's not the most indepth of interviews and it's certainly sparse on XF content but if you are following "Californication" then I'm sure it's well worth you checking it out.

Head on over here to read the interview folks.

Once you've done that folks take a trip down memory lane to 1997 and a spate of speculative articles that appeared in genre magazines at the time. This superb blog post takes a look back at sensational headlines such as...

Trouble on The X-Files set!

Chris Carter devoting too much time to struggling new series Millennium, X-Files heads south!

Crew fired!

Writers and fans upset at Chris Carter over errors in continuity on The X-Files!

Chris Carter announces intention to leave both X-Files and Millennium!

Stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny burned out!

Arguments over salary!

Writers admit they have no ideas left!

Chris Carter bemoans lack of good writers!

Is Frohike in danger of being killed off?

Gillian Anderson's personal drama upstages it all!

*deep breath*

...can your hearts take the strain? Head on over here to find out.

Eth

I was astounded reading it. I had no idea that Ten Thirteen was such a fertile ground for gossip-mongerers back in the day. I found the article about the "Musings Of A Cigarette Smoking Man" to be very revealing. I do remember posting here many moons ago that the episode contradicted when I had understood about the history of the character and I don't recall anyone offering any speculation as to why that might be. It would seem that Morgan and Wong didn't know the history of the character before they wrote the episode and Chris Carter didn't correct them when they got it wrong. How surprising.

I just got passed an article this morning from a friend which is even more astonishing. It's written by a few television critics who were reviewing the first season of the show very poorly and lamenting the idea of Frank Black as a lead character. One of them suggested that to improve the struggling show in the second season it would be a good idea to kill Frank off. What. On. Earth. Can. You. Say. To. That. :rolleyes:

I'll try and upload it later for you all to see.

Eth

Well you certainly can't do without him. Who on earth had the bright idea that ratings would have been improved by nixing the single best thing about the show, the lead character and the shows finest actor? I wonder how they thought it would have continued without him as Catherine and Jordan would have become superflous to the story and you are only be left with Peter Watts as a potential lead unless another was drafted in but it really is inconceivable to me. Millennium is Frank Black. Nuff said.

Eth