Stephen E. Miller, who played Assistant Director Andy McClaren in MLM was also in this movie. He played the owner of Nutter's Feed.

What I also noticed after watching this movie a second time, and hopefully saw it correctly, was the name of the pool hall, it was called "McClaren's." I'm almost positive I read it right. So co ol. :praying::swingin:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

Those whacky 1013 guys. :oneeyedwinK They were always putting personal references into their episodes. (Although I think that the Brady Bunch episode was the only one that Vince Gilligan wrote that didn't reference his partner Holly Rice).

What's interesting about the Nutter Feed Store is that not only does it reference the director David Nutter, but it also alludes to CC's mother's family's business which was "Mulder's Feed Store".

Back in 1999, CC was interviewed on a Canadian TV show where the origin of the name "Mulder" was asked about (as it so often was) but in this case it was in the circumstances of the interviewer meeting CC and a relative of his in a restaurant. That relative was called Tracy Mulder. CC said: "I have a lot of relatives that were very flattered in the beginning, who are now very annoyed."

The pool is called "MacLaren Natatorium" and I'm pretty sure that's not a reference to our beloved Andy, but to Michelle MacLaren who worked on XF from 2000 onwards and whose directorial debut was the episode "John Doe".

You've got eagle eyes, Earthnut. Even some obsessed seriously focussed X-Philes didn't spot those.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

On the issue of references I was going to post this elsewhere but this seems like as good a thread as any considering it is on the same topic. Kristen Cloke popped by the TIWWA Facebook Page yesterday and left some triva about the character of Roedecker that I thought people might find enjoyable.

The name caught my eye! I forgot about that character and he was named after my Grandmother. Rodecker is her maiden name. She is the sister of Ron Rodecker who created the characters for "Dragon Tales". That is my Millennium trivia for ...the day!

That might be a nice thing to add to his profile at M-TIWWA as it was certainly a bit of trivia that I had never heard before. :thumbsup:

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Libby, thank you so much for clearing it all up, and for the very kind compliment. It was a very quick view of the pool name and wow, it is sure close to McClaren, only difference is an "A."

I love all the references back and forth between shows. It sure makes it fun for us fans.

Mark, your trivia should be a part of M-TIWWA. Love it, thanks for sharing. :ouroborous:

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)