Rubicon

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

The pilot has aired on AMC a couple of times now, but the new series Rubicon stars proper this coming Sunday (1st August). It's a conspiracy drama/thriller series starring James Badge Dale (who played Chase in the third season of "24").

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BEER----> Interesting show. The 1st ep was so so for me. The 2nd one came alive. I'll keep watching. The lead just got a promotion and kept an interesting item left from his predecessor - a bronze figure of an Owl.

BELCH

Guest WaveCrest

Woooh, the plot thickens! :laugh: (I'm not making a joke at your expense Belch. It's because of the owl reference. Made me think of Twin Peaks and of course Millennium). Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the second episode of Rubicon. :thumbsup:

I have to see this folks. I have just read a little about and it would seem it involves a mans discovery of a secret group which is heavily involved in manipulation world events That has more than enough echoes of Millennium for yours truly to certainly grab my attention.

I see British actress Miranda Richardson in this so that's an additional reason to tune in.

I wonder when it is due to come to the UK?

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Guest WaveCrest

Haven't read anything yet Mark about whether a UK station/channel has bought the rights to show Rubicon. Sometimes, even when you keep a regular check on TV news websites which cover shows shown in the UK you miss something until you read another person's post on a message board (good example being the Hawaii Five-O remake being shown on Bravo. Read about that on a guestbook for the original show and revival show).

I think this is the kind of show the BBC may get, showing it after the 10 pm news, like with Damages.

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Watched 2 episodes of Rubicon last night and i love it. :) it is very very good and does ring of Millennium. :) I hope you guys do get it, i think you both will love it. :) oh and Damages is a very good show too. :)

Laura :)

Is there a site where the episodes can be seen, especially from the beginning?

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I've just been reading that this got record ratings for AMC for a pilot show which is another parallel with Millennium which did the same back in the day for 20th Century Fox. If you head on over to IMDB there's a discussion taking place as to whether this show isX-Files 2.0 or not with most viewers concluding that Fringe is a more worthy successor. I haven't seen this show but am looking forward to it. Would you guys say there is any similarity between this show and The X-Files at all?

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png