Nazi Dawn Starring Lance Henriksen

Rate this topic

Hello folks,

Well I must have been living beneath some sort of stone to be honest because this film totally passed me by.

Nazi Dawn sails its way to DVD! A dark and ghostly wartime secret is about to be uncovered when a battle between good and evil breaks out aboard a WWII-era battleship in Nazi Dawn, set for release through Revolver Entertainment on August 30th 2010.

When the SS Lane Victory, reactivated and deployed in the Persian Gulf for black-op interrogations, falls radio silent, an elite Marine task force are sent to apprehend the terrorists. Led by Col. John Willets (Lance Henriksen), the team find one survivor, John’s son Colin (Gary Stretch).

But as the soldiers search for the men responsible for the bloody butchery of the ship’s crew, they soon discover a more devious enemy than any of them had ever imagined and all hell breaks loose as they become locked in brutal battle to the death...

Trailers have begun to emerge for the film in the last few days and you can view one of them below.

I can't find a mention of this film at either Lance's or James Russo's IMDB page, the film has no page of its own and no official website as far as I can tell. There's very little word of it out there, it certainly doesn't seem to be making a buzz yet. I'm curious to see this. Could be a underrated gem.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Ive never heard of this or seen anything about it. thanks for sharing Eth. :) Some of the best movies are ones that you don't hear about or know anything about. :)

Laura :)

Guest Sidewinder

Sorry, folks, but there's no reason for all the joy. It's simply another re-titling of the Roel Reiné movie Deadwater a.k.a. Black OPS which you'll easily find in the filmografie of Lance and James Russo.

I own the DVD for some time and so yes, I'm sure about this, even though IMDB says nothing about it.

Really, how very odd. I wonder why they have chosen to put the movie out under another name and with competitions and trailers to support it? "Black Ops" was only released on DVD two years ago and is widely available which hardly begs the need for a reissue and the evident confusion such a thing would bring. I haven't seen "Black Ops" as it was panned upon release but I looked at the trailer and you are right my friend. It would seem to be the same film.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Trust me, it is. :oneeyedwinK And here is my opinion: the movie is not very good and it's not very bad. You really can see that it is very low budget and shot in a few days. The movie spends way too much time on scenes with people in dark uniforms running down dark hallways. And then they come back to walk the other way. And back. And… you get the picture.

There is some tension in the showdown and Lance has a cool little fight scene in it. Among the three movies he did for Reiné this is the one with the most Henriksen-screen time. Sadly it's not the best.

Can I recommend it? For us fans of Lance indeed. Everyone else only will see a low-budget-horror-flick on a military boat with a Nazi-ghost versus some soldiers. Well… that actually sounds like a more fun horror-movie than it is because it takes itself too serious.

Haven't heard of any of them, and they all look intense. If Lance is in it, I want to see it, even if I don't like the movie. I always enjoy seeing our man, and especially hearing his awesome voice. Lance, keep those movies coming in. :notworthy::clapping:

Guest WaveCrest

Sorry, folks, but there's no reason for all the joy. It's simply another re-titling of the Roel Reiné movie Deadwater a.k.a. Black OPS which you'll easily find in the filmografie of Lance and James Russo.

I own the DVD for some time and so yes, I'm sure about this, even though IMDB says nothing about it.

Damn, somebody beat me to it! :rock2: I'll be getting this as of what I had read about Deadwater it had me interested.

Guest Sidewinder

My advice: better lower your expectations. The plot is much more interesting to read than it is watching the movie- even though it has its moments and Lance had a great look.

You can see a few stills in my website's gallery. Sorry for the low quality. But the cover artwork looks very good I think. Sadly there's only the German and English language in DD 5.1 and the trailer on the German DVD. The US-disc features an informative audio-commentary by director/camera-operator Roel Reiné, deleted and alternative scenes and some behind the scenes material.

Good looking cover versus nice bonus-material. I'd prefer the US-disc but what can I do? :smile:

The cover artwork to the newly re-released and retitled (again) Black Ops/Dead Water/Nazi Dawn does look superb I have to confess. If people are interested in good movies in the same vein as this film then be sure to check out Outpost which is, as far as I can tell from the blurb for this, similar in story but an absolutely superb film. I loved it.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

You do? Well, it's a strange little mutant-movie, I admit. Do I think of it as a good movie... Mhm... Probably not. But it's entertaining for sure. Lance and "Xena"-witch Claire Stansfield were such an odd but cool couple, I loved them together.

Funny; that movie was re-titled a lot, too. The Outpost, Wes Cravens Mindripper and finally The Hills Have Eyes 3.