Nazi Dawn Starring Lance Henriksen

Rate this topic

Guest teedub

Damn, somebody beat me to it! :rock2:

Me, too, WaveCrest! :biggrin: When I first saw the news about this release, I thought "How many more times are they going to rename this thing?" And then I wondered why anyone would think that putting "Nazi" in the title would make the movie more commercial. :blink: Anyway, I'm kind of grateful for the rerelease because I have not been able to find this movie in my rental stores. Hopefully this rerelease will get it into more stores.

Different "Outpost Sidewinder". You can find out more about the film here and if you haven't seen it I would definitely recommend checking it out it's a superb supernatural story.

I can understand them re-releasing this if the original release was unavailable for purchase but the fact is that it was only released two years ago to DVD and a quick search of Amazon turns up tonnes of copies. That said I know it is a ploy used by some marketing companies to encourage more sales of a movie as a re-brand and cover change elicits interest whereas a DVD for purchase on Amazon does not. That said, I'm interested in re-releases if there are significant additions to the extras or an updated print of the original film. I'm none too interested in releases that are designed solely (as far as I can see) to to bring in a little extra dough.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Different "Outpost Sidewinder". You can find out more about the film here and if you haven't seen it I would definitely recommend checking it out it's a superb supernatural story.

Uh, little missunderstanding, Eth. I definitely haven't seen that Outpost but I just checked it and it's available on Amazon. And since Rome I really like Ray Stevenson, so that's a plus too. I will check that movie out some time soon.

Litle off topic: do you already know, that Ray will be in the next The three musketeers? Shooting starts within two month in selected areas in Germany.

Very niche poster indeed. It seems they are really selling this movie on the strength of the Nazi content but I was under the impression and that the Nazi elements of the plot are not as emphasised as the cover would make them seem. Is that a fair assessment?

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

It is indeed. There is very low Nazi content except for… It's hard to describe without spoiling. Take it this way; there is only a small reference to World War II and one other Nazi thing/character and even the word is mentioned in the movies' last 20 or 30 minutes for the first time.