Lance Henriksen in The Last Push

Rate this topic

Dear friends,

Eric Hayden (fine surname) has been in contact with Graham at www.lancehenriksen.info to bring to his, and our, attention a new project involving our man Lance. Eric Hayden is the writer/ director of the new film THE LAST PUSH which is wrapping up post production right now and features Lance performing as one of the main characters.

The film is about a tragedy that occurs on a spacecraft heading to explore life on Europa. Lance plays Walter Moffitt, the eccentric billionaire that financed the mission.

We'll keep you updated with news as we have it but until then you can visit the film's website here and view the trailer below.

Enjoy!

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Watched the trailer for The Last Push on Facebook earlier tonight. I enjoyed it. The setting reminded me of the films Solaris and later Moon. I've seen the former but only clips and a trailer for the latter. Another interesting film from Lance's most recently made films.

Oddly enough I thought of those two films as well. The interesting thing about this is that there is absolutely no info to be had about it anywhere. Somehow this project has been filmed with anyone on the internet mentioning it. The only other reference I could find, other than our own, is a forum entry in which Eric makes mention of his film and shares a linkto his demo reel. When you look at Lance's IMDB page it's clear that the man rarely stops working but now I realise he is working on far more projects than we are ever aware of as some, like this, appear with no prior promotion at all.

I don't know how he manages it.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Yep, I checked Lance's IMDb filmography for The Last Push yesterday, and could find no listing for it. Who knows how many films Lance is working on? But it's a fascinating topic of discussion though.

Guest Sidewinder

The trailer looks quiet good and I like the fact that it's not the next horror-movie. Don't get me wrong; I like horroflicks and I like to see

Lance in horrorflicks. But he has much more to give and so every opportunity to show that is very welcome to me.

The movie seems to be very elegy and as WaveCrest pointed out in the tradition of movies like Solaris. But these control panels and alert buttons don't look so good. CGI, I suppose.

I'm looking forward for updates.

Regarding Lance's imdb-page; when I met him he said that IMDB is wrong and he's at 170/175 movies by then. At that time IMDB listed around 155/160 movies. Hm...

As we are al noticing the "Solaris" flavour of the trailer has anyone else reached the conclusion that Lance probably isn't in this a great deal? The emphasis of the story does seem to be on the chap who is alone/stranded in a spacecraft and my guess is that Lance probably only appears as a face on a communication monitor? I do wish we had a IMDB for this. I have to say though that whether it's Lance-lite or not I am really looking forward to it. As you mention, it's nice to see Lance outside of the horror genre for a change.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

As we are al noticing the "Solaris" flavour of the trailer has anyone else reached the conclusion that Lance probably isn't in this a great deal? The emphasis of the story does seem to be on the chap who is alone/stranded in a spacecraft and my guess is that Lance probably only appears as a face on a communication monitor? I do wish we had a IMDB for this. I have to say though that whether it's Lance-lite or not I am really looking forward to it. As you mention, it's nice to see Lance outside of the horror genre for a change.

Eth

Yes, I think of it the same way. My guess is that he is a face on the monitor and maybe comes back in some flashbacks and pseudo-documentary clips like the one on the movies website where he's giving an interview in character.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know the status of this film as I am absolutely gagging to see it? I believe its status is now completed but I haven't heard very about it beyond having seen the trailer and wondered if it was making its way to DVd any time soon? Any help would be appreciated.

Eth

• 1 year later...
Guest erichayden

Greetings All! I am very proud to announce that the film THE LAST PUSH made it's world premiere to extremely positive reviews at the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival last month. Next week on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 we will have our west cost premiere in Santa Monica at the Laemmle Monica 4-Plex as we headline the IFS Film Festival. IFS granted THE LAST PUSH awards for BEST PICTURE and BEST ACTOR - Khary Payton. We won awards for BEST SPACE MOVIE and BEST ACTOR in Boston. In May the film will be screened at the London Science Fiction Film Festival. Please check our website for updates on screening times and reviews, etc. Visit www.thelastpushmovie.com for more information. You can like us on facebook at www/facebook.com/thelastpushmovie and follow me on twitter @EricHayden1.

I am sorry I didn't see this forum earlier. I will be sure to check back more often!

Cheers!

Eric Hayden

Hi Eric, greetings from Oklahoma. Welcome to the group and our home away from home.

Thank you for the update regarding "The Last Push." I look forward to one day seeing it.

Hey, are you by any chance related to a Mark Hayden in the UK? Mark is a retired moderator. We sure do miss him.