Sign in to follow this  
Regan MacNeil

Aliens Special 2-disc Set

I've only seen bits and pieces of the 4 Alien films so I was wondering, how big is Lance's part in Aliens? The Alien films seem O.K., but I'm pretty much only interested in buying this as a Lance Henriksen fan. I saw the introduction of the Bishop character (where he does that knife thing), but that's pretty much all I saw of him. Also, how much is he in the special features? I saw that he's on one of the commentary tracks, but so were about 300 other people.

Well, It's not a major role, but he is in there quite a bit. This movie is one of my all time favourites, It's easily worth that money.

I saw the introduction of the Bishop character (where he does that knife thing)

Bishop was introduced in the second movie Aliens (with an "s"). This was the best of the 4 in my opinion. It's got to be in my top ten best Sci-Fi movie list.

I now have 26 'Lance' movies and have seen 3-4 more on the TV... they range from a few seconds [but the set where he met his present wife] to being the star and everything inbetween.. ONE thing I have noticed about all his movies.. he always leaves a presence... even if the movie is crappy [ and there are several] you never fail to appreciate him....and in my opinion his acting has only gotten better !! :tasty:

I think Aliens 'collectors edition' is your best bet.. and he is in Alien3 'collectors edition' [altho a very tiny role] it too is good. He reads the abridged version of Alien 3 on cassette [haven't found it on CD yet] and it is a pleasure to listen to him talk for several hrs .. :tasty::smokin: