Hello

Guest Black Francis

Guest Black Francis

Hello,

My name's Jeff, I'm from Canada and I'm addicted to Millennium.

I must shamefully admit that the first time I watched the show, I absolutely hated it. There was something about Millennium that made me feel uneasy, I was repulsed by it. I thought it was too dark and overly depressing, it was nowhere as fun as Chris Carter's other baby, The X-Files, which I was, and still am, a huge fan at the time. In other words, I didn't get it. It took me a couple of episodes to understand the purpose of the yellow house, which served as lighthouse to prevent Frank from getting lost in the darkness, and embrace the complexity of our favorite deep-voiced FBI profiler, which I thought was just plain cold and unlikeable at first.

With that said, I love the show and I'm glad I've found this forum.

P.S. I hope my introduction wasn't too bad.

Hi Jeff,

Accept a warm elcome to TIWWA and congratulations on a superb introduction. I don't think you were alone in having a strong response to Millennium when you first caught it. It's certainly true that a great many of the audience, and the critics, were knocked for six when Chris Carter's newest creation was revealed. Some revelled in it and some reviled it but Millennium is not a show people leave with no opinion of at all.

I'm delighted you found us and I hope your time on the forum is as enjoyable as mine as been.

This is who we are!

Eth

• Like 1
Guest Sidewinder

Welcome, Jeff! And don't worry; it was an honest first posting. What could be wrong with that? Everyone has his own story with the first encounter of Millennium. It would be boring if these stories were identical.

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome, Jeff. I echo Sidewinder's comments. It's always interesting to hear people's individual reactions to Millennium, and also how they came to love the show.

I've said this on a few occasions here, but for a few seasons of XF my (then teenage) children and I would watch that show together. But when Millennium happened, we didn't get that in the UK for a while, and then was badly scheduled. My daughter managed to catch a couple of episodes and advised me not to watch it, as she thought it was too dark and scary for me. Bless her...

• Like 1
Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Howdy Jeff, my son's name is Jeff so Im partial to ya already. :) Welcome to the family and hope you enjoy yourself here. :) We are a bunch of nuts and spooks and a lot of handsome Englishmen and lovely ladies and even a cute as a button Icelander, lol we are just a whole group of Millennium loving, X-Files loving fools. lol :) Im in Kentucky and yes I am a Southern Belle. :) ((((((Hugs))))) :)

Laura :)