Mulder and Whitney together again.

Rate this topic

I just read something I thought you might find of interest. Amanda Peet and David Duchovny are to star together again in MCC Theater’s production of Neil LaBute’s “Break of Noon.” It's such a shame that I'm a Limey as I would certainly book tickets for this and then linger around the stage door armed with my "XF: I Want To Believe" DVD in the hope of a couple of autographs.

Read all about it here.

Eth

Nothing like a misleading title to drag you folks in right. :whistling:

I would love to be able to go to this. I was having a look around yesterday and I couldn't find any interviews with Amanda Peet with regards to XFIWTB. No doubt I was looking in the wrong place but I would really love to hear her thoughts on the film. She had a sizeable role in it but, understandably, doesn't get to say a great deal on the DVD extras so I was hoping I could uncover a few interviews, maybe a podcast? Surely X-Files News have interviewed her right folks? If that's the case does anyone have a link to anything?

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Nothing like a misleading title to drag you folks in right. :whistling:

Very clever I'd say. :oneeyedwinK

I would love to be able to go to this. I was having a look around yesterday and I couldn't find any interviews with Amanda Peet with regards to XFIWTB. No doubt I was looking in the wrong place but I would really love to hear her thoughts on the film. She had a sizeable role in it but, understandably, doesn't get to say a great deal on the DVD extras so I was hoping I could uncover a few interviews, maybe a podcast?

Eth

I would very much like to read an interview with Amanda Peet regarding IWTB. I enjoyed her role in the film,

despite her character getting killed off.

Well the best I can find is her mentioning a hat she wore in the movie whilst at its première and a few random shots of her from it. I can appreciate that the all eyes were on David and Gillian with regards to the movie but I would still like to read her thoughts on being part of the whole XF experience. Maybe we should take it upon ourselves to right that balance eh folks? Time to draft a letter methinks. :clapping:

Eth

Yep. I did. I have said all along that Whitney and Drummy could easily have been Doggett and Reyes and if you gave Drummy's lines a little more flair and added a few of Doggett's more colourful phrases you could have handed the scripts to Annabeth and Robert which a few lines added to play catch-up with the characters. I know Annabeth Gish says she was told by CC that she would be in XF3 and since Whitney was meet her maker in XF2 it's probably a blessing that Reyes was used as I would have dislike the character being given such an unceremonious end.

I can defend this film against a great many of the criticisms levelled at it but where they did drop the ball is in casting Xzibit. I don't know if he was delivering a different performance in the auditions or if what could be seen on set simply did not translate well through the lens but it was a shallow and lifeless performance and hopefully a nail in the coffin with regards to any further thoughts of stunt casting in the next film.

Eth