Baja

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Has anyone here seen a film Lance made called Baja? I remember seeing a listing for a DVD of it on Play.com ages ago, but can't remember if I looked at it's synopsis or not. I know it had an orange front cover with Lance wearing a white suit on it.

I haven't seen it Richard and though there is probably a DVD release by now I have only ever come across it on VHS and have never seen it on the small screen. I know the reception to the film was positive and certainly positive with regards to Lance's role in it. I am sure someone here will be able to shed some light on it mind.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

No, I haven't seen that one yet. I know it was released as Bad Guys on VHS in Germany. No DVD in sight. There is in fact a british DVD without any extras but I still hope for a German release with a little bit better technical specifications.

But the movie has an imho great poster and I just bought one at ebay a few days ago. Can't wait for it to arrive! In case of doubts take a look on that photo from the VHS-cover.

Guest teedub

Yes, seen it. There is only the old VHS version of it, as far as I know. Went scouting around for it, but could only find a used rental VHS to buy. Lance is HYSTERICALLY FUNNY in this movie! One of his best roles ever! :notworthy:

In my own twisted opinion, of course. :oneeyedwinK

Really? Oh now you've sold it to me. I have to have this. I have to say an added plus is Corbin Bernsen, I loved him as Dr. Alan Feinstone in the Dentist movies. I have just had a look on Amazon and found the DVD Sidewinder was talking about. Happy days folks.

Eth

I saw it once, when I was a kid. And I liked it, but think Lance made it better. Don't remember anything about it other than the location is somewhere in the middle of nowhere/desert at a hotel or something...

The Dentist was pretty good, was quite surprised how good those teeth POV effects were, *ick*

But the only thing good about the sequel was the opening title scene, the rest was BAD, and not so bad it's good.

Guest WaveCrest

What is the picture quality like on the Region 2 disc from Blackhorse on Amazon UK (linked to in Mark's last post above)? I've heard bad things in the past about Blackhorse's DVD releases (same with Pegasus).

• 3 months later...

For the Baja-curious, here's a little clip of Lance's second scene in the movie. Sorry the video file is so big. Takes a while to download, depending on your connection speed. Best idea might be to right-click on the link and save the file to your own compter.

https://www.jackalope...media/baja1.mpg

And here's a pic of Mr. GQ himself. :laugh:

burns1.jpg