The Event

Earthnut

I am so looking forward to this show that premieres Monday, September 20th in the US on NBC. Here's the link to NBC page on it.

The Event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4vumb8J-x8

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It almost reminds me of "24" in a way, you know, the edge of your seat thrill ride. I too hope it will last and certainly enjoyed watching the trailer more then once.

David, I know what you mean about getting obsessed about a show.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Elders (Admins)

Here's a link to an article about this show:

https://www.aolnews.c...n-show/19609981

One of the co-stars is Zeljko Ivanek, who played Dr Danny Miller in Walkabout. Bill Smitrovich plays the Vice-President. And James Wong is one of the co-executive producers.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Elders (Admins)

I have high hopes for this series! TeeVee really needs a good hitter now.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

I wonder if this is a single season show or something that's open ended depending upon ratings? As we all know with "Lost", it was the latter that was responsible for the show struggling to tell its story and to tell it well.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

• Elders (Admins)

I honestly don't know, I hope for more seasons.

Found this at Wiki...

The Event (stylized THE EVƎNT) is an upcoming American conspiracy thriller[1] television series created by Nick Wauters for NBC. On May 7, 2010 The Event was officially ordered to series.[1] It is scheduled to premiere Monday, September 20, 2010 at 9 pm/8c.[2]

I wonder when it will be on the UK? Definitely one for Sky to buy I would have thought.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

If it's half as good as it looks, I hope someone in the UK picks it up. We're all due for a good new show that's edge-of-your-seat.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 2 weeks later...