The Event

Earthnut

I think it's a great new show, it keeps you guessing and at the edge of your seat from beginning to end, and that's entertainment. I am so looking forward to next week. What an ending too for the pilot episode. Oh my.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

We all watched it here at home and we all agree it is aliens. lol its always aliens. lol :) i think the they that Carrie from ER was talking about are aliens that have been working with us since the Roswell crash or maybe before and the governent has just been covering it up and the big Event is that the government is going to reveal that aliens actually live on our planet and have been for some time and have been helping us. lol I don't know if that is right or not but it does sound pretty good. lol :) :oneeyedwinK

Laura :)

BEER---> I watched it last night (DVR) after the ball game. I liked it a lot. It was good to see 'Bletch' again. He is an advisor (won't tell to who). He wasn't in too many scenes but did well. I'll continue to watch.

BELCH

I agree, it was great to see Bletch, AKA Bill Smitrovich, again. I'm sure we will see more of him in the upcoming episodes. I so look forward to the next one.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Now I'm trying to remain spoiler free and I know the folks behind "The Event" have gone to great pains to keep the nature of the 'event' secret but rumours are rife that are venturing into XF territory here and that there will be an alien invasion type plot behind this. If that proves to be the case speculation has begun that maybe, just maybe, "The Event" is an attempt to acclimatise folk to the reality of alien colonisation before it actually occurs. You may now divide into two lines, Mulders to the left, Scullys to the right. <ahttps://www.millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/tiwwa/uploads/emoticons/default_whistling.gif' alt=':whistling:'> Check out this article to find out what is really behind the event but be sure to wear your tinfoil hat whilst reading.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

The pilot episode certainly ended with an alien flair, or could be man's advanced technology.

a plane disappearing and someone saying "they saved us."

It will be interesting to see where it leads.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Cantor said the new NBC mystery-thriller series, The Event, is “clearly a recycling of The X-Files". I don’t know where it’s headed but it does seem to be the first attempt to portray Obama on television.”

Is it possible to make a show these days and not have it compared to The X-Files? I think I mentioned in another thread how often shows are being considered poor imitations of XF of late. Nice to see it's gone but definitely not forgotten. Here's a link to an article in which the individual shares his thoughts on "The Event and other shows at the moment. I thought you guys might enjoy it.

Eth

josew.gif

I agree Mark, it does seem like everything is a copy of X-Files. I also thought the same thing regarding Obama with the show having a black president. It's like people can't come up with anything new anymore. Surely mankind hasn't exhausted its creativity. Who knows, maybe we've gone full circle in the entertainment industry.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

It seems to be a staple of TV shows to reflect whoever is the current leader of a nation by casting someone similar to their real life counterpart. It's also a staple for TV writers to use such an opportunity to make some thinly veiled statement about their opinion of said leader. I know when Blair was Prime Minister here there we had tons of shows that featured a supposedly fictional prime minister who bore more than a passing resemblance to Blair and his mannerisms. This didn't mean a great deal to me as I don't understand the background to the politics but someone here observed what they considered to be some real world analogies and made comment on them. You might find the comments interesting to read.

Eth

josew.gif